MONSTER MUSKIE!!

TJQ

Ive been sick for the last few days so forgive me if someone else has already posted this...

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/field-notes/2013/07/wisconsin-angler-releases-possible-world-record-muskie

WImuskie.JPG

“I didn’t really think anything of it when I caught it. I just knew it was big,” Grover told the Green Bay Press Gazette. “To be honest, I don’t fish for muskies, so I just imagined the record fish to be like 70 or 71 inches until I came in to (Smokey’s) bait shop and talked to him.”

Grover asked Jeff Tilkins, owner of Smokey’s on the Bay Bait Shop, about the size of the muskie mounted on the wall of the bait shop. After finding out that it was a 52-inch fish, Grover casually mentioned that he just caught one larger. Everyone thought he was joking until he pulled out his smartphone.

“When he showed us the picture, I could not believe it. There it was, and just look at the body. That fish has at least a 30-inch girth, there is no doubt in my mind about that,” Tilkins said.

Nice fish but 72 lbs? No way.

It looks bigger because he's reaching for the camera instead of holding it against his body.

Thats a big fish, and he isn't holding it that far away, you can tell by the angle of his right arm. However it is not a 72LB fish, I agree. Hell of a catch though!

What a monster. I don't think he is holding it out toward the camera, his arms are bent. That thing would weigh a ton and be too heavy to hold out.

Looks pretty dang heavy to me and if that guy weights say 200 lbs and that fish is half the guy's size it could definitely weigh 72 lbs. The head of the fish even looks bigger than his head :lol:

"The head of the fish looks as big as his head"

"He is not holding it towards the camera at all"

Two statements that conflict a little. Lol

What a monster! I dunno about record class or anything like that, but it sure is a trophy musky.

Being able to tell how long or heavy from that pic/hold would be completely impossible.

Ivan, that 65 pounder was disputed by many people too. I doubt there's ever been a big musky caught that wasn't disputed by someone and is the exact reason why many musky anglers never even bother posting pictures of their catches.

The minute you say "trophy" anything, whether it is or not, the eyes of some will just roll for different reasons. You or someone mentions "record" breaking and that's even worse. Heck, I've known people that will end friendships over such things.

Big ole ski this one is... to him it's both a trophy and his record I'm betting.

Edited by Moosebunk

It is a big, old fat musky. Nice surprising catch.

If you look at O'Briens 65 lb,. 58 by 30 inch fish or Williamson's 61 lb., 53.5 by 30 inch fish. they are way bigger than this supposed

64 inch fish. :rolleyes:

Edited by ehg