One week today (real fishing season begins) !!

mistyriver1

Did I miss the memo on this one?

Real fishing is 365 days a year. It's just a muskie opener come June 1.

However, saying that, I took this weekend off fishing so i could clean the boat, lube my reels, spool up my new Toro, make leaders, sharpen hooks. silicone my line guides, grease the boat motor.

OK OK OK, so I lied, yes I'm darn excited to get out. Just sticking local though, won't get our for real fish til Thursday.

Hope we get a weekend like we did last year.

045%20-%20Copy_zps40082e7b.jpg

035%20-%20Copy_zps14f7cc8e.jpg

023%20-%20Copy_zps450fe65f.jpg

026%20-%20Copy_zps927790c8.jpg

We had a great day in Windsor at the bass and musky show today getting excited about the 2013 season. I was lucky enough to meet a lot of the next generation of musky anglers they were full of questions and I was happy to answer them all.

This season is looking to be a great one just by all the good karma that is coming.

Good luck to all the musky nuts ready to get going.

I will be on pigeon (Ping me Lew and we can keep in contact by phone and see if we can get a pattern) with my great mate roaring Dan Seavey. I hope to be an adequate net man for him and get him on the board early. Going to fish some new watersthis year - Musky Canada Mississauga outing then going to go and meet Mike P and Crew at their outing. As always Lake of the woods is what I am working hard towards. good Luck all and look forward to your pictures.

Great pics guys. Would gladly take any one of those fish.

Although not so excited about opener, I'm looking forward to more muskie fishing later this year. Picked up a few new lures to try out and want to work on fishing some new areas.