I love free WFN but I can't watch this show

Cudz

I love wfn but I have a real hard time watching any BC salmon show where they are downrigging with those mooching reels. I can't stand the clicking noise of those reels and they reel like mad forever and the line barely comes in. I change the channel everytime. I could mute it but I can't be bothered. I would rather watch some British dude catching chub on 'boileys??' than hear those mooching reels.

Love the saltwater shows especially going for the big stuff. Now I don't mind hearing those big level wind reels. Weird.

Any bass show

All the saltwater shows

Musky shows

Ya, I get sick of them all. I don't even tune into anything bass. I've been watching the fishing adventurer on travel and escape channel. No adds, just a guy who fishes some cool places for all different kinds of fish. Even the commercials a bad on wfn.

S.

I generally don't mind most of the shows. I tune out the marketing side and try to enjoy the fish and the scenery. What DOES drive me nuts is when a show insults what fishing intelligence I do have. You have a new plastic bait you want to push? Great. Don't do it on Lake Beauchene and spend 30 mins telling me the success rate is all about the bait. Last week we had a guy in northern Saskachewan casting a spoon for pike and shamelessly pushing how amazing the spoon was. Really? Tie on a 40 year old red devil, the results will be the same.

We're not marine biologists but we're far from stupid. If they want to shoot shows there, I get it. Lots of fish = good show. But giving ALL the credit to the marketing subject of the day is irritating.

Got my fill as well, especially now that spring seems to have finally sprung. I would like to thank Rogers Media and all associated sponsors for their work and tireless efforts in trying to suck me in. Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Got my fill as well, especially now that spring seems to have finally sprung. I would like to thank Rogers Media and all associated sponsors for their work and tireless efforts in trying to suck me in. Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

They sucked me in a couple years ago.lol.

Do you think that, like in many things these days, we have evolved or out grown fishing shows? I mean there was a time when fishing shows and magazines were the only way to get information (and places like the Sportsman Show), now you can click on any website and see what things are like at a particular lodge for instance, rather than hoping that they replay that specific episode of Fish'n Canada. Also, we used to look forward to a Saturday morning fishing show line up and now can watch any episode at any time on any of a bazillion websites that host outdoor shows.

Face it boys, we've plum grow'd up!

Jim

Edited by Radnine

I'm an older guy. I have seen so many fishing shows that I rarely look at them any more. The same for fishing magazines because I read just about everything that there was to read during the 60's, 70's and 80's.

Now a days, just the few of the fishing articles that I read in the magazines at the doctor's or dentist's office are enough to keep me informed of anything new.

I do like to see fly fishing and fly tying shows but I would surely get bored easy enough if I ever see too many.

I don't think we've out grown fishing shows, we just need shows that are average joe fisherman doing their thing. I enjoy watching shows from new areas, and love the saltwater shows, but the bass stuff drives me nuts.

The fishing adventurer, fishn canada, adventures north, and the musky hunter are the only ones I really "try" to tune into. I'll watch bob izumi if he's on and not bass fishing too.

The spin on travel that the fishing adventurer has taken is a great idea, and makes for a great show IMO.