Crazy stuff you see on your daily commute NF

Cast-Away

Craziest thing I ever saw was on the Dominican bus ride to the resort....moped bike with a family of 5 on board cruised right past us and actually cut in front of the bus making us brake.

Dad was driving with the 3 kids behind him and Mom holding on the back.

Funniest thing I ever saw was in Canada 20 years ago......we were driving home from up north in pouring rain and a couple guys in full raingear pass us in a convertible, top down! I still remember those bright orange and yellow rain suit figures.

They wouldn't have been driving down the 69 by chance???? :whistling:

I saw an ostrich running down steeles avenue a few years ago.

That is nuts.

I commuted from Barrie to Penetang for 7 years and have seen my share of living and dead animals. Once I saw a large dead black bear between Orr lake and Waverley. I saw him alive about a week earlier. THe pickup had just hit him but I didn't get out of my car to see if he was alive justin case he was just stunned. Pretty sure he was dead though.

Edited by Cudz

I bought my J a 2010 Corolla in 2009. So far she has 13K on it. Excellent driver...never an accident in her life (she's 70). I asked her what kind of car she wanted...her answer was "a red one". :D When I met her she drove a Camaro...so it's down to old folks' cars for us. :)

I bought my J a 2010 Corolla in 2009. So far she has 13K on it. Excellent driver...never an accident in her life (she's 70). I asked her what kind of car she wanted...her answer was "a red one". :D When I met her she drove a Camaro...so it's down to old folks' cars for us. :)

A finer lady could not be found no matter what she drives. :thumbsup_anim:

Art

I pass the same guy at least twice a week heading in to work and everytime his GPS is on. Hopefully one of these days he'll remember what road to take to get there!!!

Sorry I just had to say it. ( I saw him again this morning)

Mine's on every time I'm driving.

I have it come on and shut off with the ignition. :dunno:

Come on Dave give me a break... Have you seen the pic of the RS6 ripped in half? What about the Porsche into the toll booth? OMG that means those cars area unsafe to!!! Do you really think Mercedes makes a vehicle anyone would consider to be unsafe? They've been the leader in the safety industry since well forever..

Here's a link for you to read, lol. There are a lot of very unsafe vehicles on the road (The previous gen Ford F150 is a great example, that thing folds like an accordian)

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/24599768/ns/business-autos/t/smart-car-gets-highest-score-crash-tests/

Small does not equal unsafe.

Actually it does. As per the link you posted, "The tests, released Wednesday, show how well vehicles stack up against others of similar size and weight." In other words, the favourable ratings that the Smart car received only apply if you have a collision with another Smart car; or perhaps a BRP Spider. They don't apply to Smart car versus F150 crashes.

Here is another quote from the link that you , "All things being equal in safety, bigger and heavier is always better."

I pass the same guy at least twice a week heading in to work and everytime his GPS is on. Hopefully one of these days he'll remember what road to take to get there!!!

Sorry I just had to say it. ( I saw him again this morning)

Perhaps his cell phone works thru his GPS, alot of the portable units are that way.

Cast away, one of those smart cars you see could be my boyfriends, he's been driving from Midland to Vaughan for a few years now. It's a great little vehicle, the only time he has a hard time with it is in high winds. His has winter tires and has had no problems in the snow...he's even passed larger vehicles spinning their wheels. As Bill said it's a very safe vehicle and as for head on collisions, not many people survive those, regardless of the size of the vehicle.

as for strange things, for the most part I just don't notice much anymore, but the other night coming from work I did see a guy driving in the center lane, oblivious to the flashing lights of the cop ahead who had someone pulled over, the tractor trailer beside him wanted to change lanes to make sure the cop had plenty of room...as I drove by him, I realized why,...he had his smart phone out and his head down reading whatever.....too bad the cop was busy....l

Maureen

Saw a guy in bumper to bumper on 400 smoking a crack pipe. Made sure I steered clear.

To be fair...how do you know it was crack? :dunno:

Maybe it was crystal meth, heroin or just a chunk of hash. :whistling:

My dad said the other day he was driving on the 407 into toronto in some dicey conditions and watched a honda civic hit black ice, do a 720, come to a stop on the shoulder (by some miracle not hitting anything) and keep on driving like nothing happened. Once in puerto rico I saw a car with the passenger side doors missing, and no back or front windshield driving down the highway (reminded me of ricky's car from TPB). Also saw numerous others driving with a clear plastic bag ducktaped to form windows. :clapping:

Edited by DundasSteelheader