Finally one for me

Spiel

I have a number of blanks here for myself and never seem to find time to work on them. wallbash.gif

Well after having this particular blank in my possession for almost a year I finally found time to get working on it the last few days.

It's a 12' CTS rated 6-10 tied in a twist for a baitcast steelhead set up. It's not done yet but I've made progress on the bottom section, finally!

Fuji SiC guides, custom wood by my buddy John Collina and wrapped in candy apple red with silver and red metallics. thumbsup_anim.gif

The wood still needs to be polished up but it's finally coming together. Hopefully I'll get a chance to test 'er out before things freeze up.

cts121.jpg

cts122.jpg

cts123.jpg

cts124.jpg

Very Nice Chris. What are you going to do for a reel? I recently bought a Avid 10.6 #6-10 caster on the advice of others here. Amazing deal too. Now I'm thinking of a reel. Spriing is still far away so I have time. I did look at the new Calcutta. They are smaller than before. The 400 is more the size of a older 200, and there is a 300 available. Just an FYI.

Thanks all. :)

Nice!! How much do you want for it? ;)

If I was going to go back into river fishing, I'd like to do it with a baitcaster.

You know what they say Brian, "if you have to ask......" ;)

I've been using a baitcaster for steel for a number of years now, love it. Just wanted another option in the arsenal.

:w00t:

Be sure to post a shot of that michigan wrap when shes done.

Noice work! :thumbsup_anim:

Will do Bud.

Looks awesome Chris !!!! Just curious how much does that weigh ?? Must be super light ??

While it's not finished I did throw everything on the scale (less the thread I'll use) and she comes in at 175 grams.

Did yah sign it... "Best fishes Chris, Spiel? :D

No Sir, didn't want to diminish it's value. :P

WOW! I want one ! I have no use fr it but I still want it , can you make me a MED?H 6'6" Walleye outfit ?

PM me any time Randy if you want to discuss options.

Awesome Chris. I know a place where you can break that baby in with a 24" Brookie. Let me know.

Some day Dan, hopefully soon.

Very Nice Chris. What are you going to do for a reel? I recently bought a Avid 10.6 #6-10 caster on the advice of others here. Amazing deal too. Now I'm thinking of a reel. Spriing is still far away so I have time. I did look at the new Calcutta. They are smaller than before. The 400 is more the size of a older 200, and there is a 300 available. Just an FYI.

Thank ya Sir, I do have a Shimano Calcutta 200 TE DC for it. thumbsup_anim.gif

Betcha can't catch sheephead with that :w00t:

Look nice under my tree :rofl2:

Come to think about, too long for Perch :D

Great work as usual Bud :good:

No sheephead where I fish these rods bud. ;)

Nice work Chris :thumbsup_anim::clapping::worthy:B)

About time you think of yourself for a change :whistling::)

Thanks Jacques

This ought to be sweet, like HD said we'd like to see the spiral wrapped guides :thumbsup_anim: ,

Best wishes Chris

Thanks Edwin, I'll keep it updated, more guides in finish this morning.

I love the touches you make to your craft-work Chris.

Every time I pick up the one's you have made for me I think of the work you have put into them.

Thank you!

Thank you Bernie, it means a great deal to me to know your happy with your rods. :)