Weekend at Bernie's

Headhunter

Well another weekend at Bernie's has come and gone... man, the three fastest days of the year! FishnSled, CCMT and I left Whitby at 9:30 Friday morning, knowing full well that the weather predictions for the weekend were grim at best... Spiel left from the Hammer around the same time.

We met up with Bernie at his shop in Powasson and then off to the island for some fish'n and some R and R.

Knowing that the weather was going to change for the bad, we got out early Friday evening before the front came in. Spiel, Bernie and myself in Bernie's boat and CCMT in FnS's boat. Our boat had the hot bite with us boating 13 Pickereyes in about three hours. We ended up with four keepers, the rest returned to grow a little, but instructed to watch out for nets! LOL!

Cliff was up for taking care of one meal and he picked up some exquisite Strip loins, home made french fries (picked out of Bernie's garden that day) and of course, corn on the cob.

We have as a group decided that CLiff will be buyng the steaks from now on!

Saturday was a wash out... winds at 40k gusting well above that, rain all day, mostly going sideways! Good day for;

-a nap!

-painting ups some jigs

Bernie had some friends arrive on Saturday afternoon, one of them from Bristol England. Good to meet both Ricnick and Bob!

Dinner Saturday night was extra thick pork chops, garlic mashed taters and of course, corn on the cob. Thanks FnS!

Sunday was clear, cold and windy... Fns and CCMt went out got some small ones, all returned.

The drive was quick and uneventful, just the way we like it!

I know some of the guys took some pics (WILL, CCMT and I think Bernie as well.)

Hopefully they will drop in and add to the report.

Thanks again Bernie and to the other guys as well, it was a fun game as everyone played it quickly!LOL

HH

PS... what key were we playing Sultans of Swing in Cliff! LMAO

Yep! Was a great weekend as always...my gut still hurts from all the laughing!

You had the hot boat? Where are your fish pics? Here's ours LOL

IMG-20120909-02415.jpg

IMG-20120909-02414.jpg

Seems this perch was almost a toothy critter's lunch!!

IMG-20120907-02410.jpg

On the Friday evening, I caught a real nice keeper sized fish and put it in the livewell. I wanted a picture for the report so near the end of the evening, I took it out of the livewell....held it out to take a picture and Will says "I'll laugh so hard if the thing flips into the water".

I said "Oh come on..."

Two seconds later...with the fish held an arm's length out, it starts flipping out...Will turns to look just as the fish hits the water and swims away! :whistling::blink::o:rofl2:

Was great painting those jigs...went out and caught a walleye on it on the Sunday!

The steaks...all I said to the butcher was "I want really really good grilling steaks" and he handed me the package!

We are always fed extremely well there...one of the highlights of the trip for sure!

Key? Hmmmm...I dunno...D minor I think! I was more impressed that we sorta got through Spirit of Radio!

Some other assorted pics....

bernie.jpg

Will and I managed to get out on Saturday night after the rain. The protected areas were "ok", but the main lake still had 5 footers on it. We didn't stay out long but managed to take a pic of the sunset.

peu_20120908_47.jpg

I think Spiel was there too....can't remember for sure as I don't have any pictures of him....

Edited by ccmt

the rest returned to grow a little, but instructed to watch out for nets! LOL!

:w00t::rofl2: I hope they listen to you Joe!

Bernie grows French Fries in his garden ??

WOW, talk about a green thumb :lol:

:D Giesler Island potatoes kick P.E.I. potatoes in the :asshat: Lew. :thumbsup_anim:

Awesome time as always gentlemen. Great seeing you all again, good times had by all. Nice to have your buds join us Bernie. Hope Bob got away OK and that Nick enjoys the rest of his stay. Thanks for posting some pics Cliff and doing up the report Joe. Till the next time!!

Edited by fishnsled

Bernie grows French Fries in his garden ??

WOW, talk about a green thumb :lol:

Saves a lot of chopping Lew! LOL

I think Bernie took a pic of Spiel and I by the BBQ with our bounty...

I forgot the gloves again Roy!

Funny we took a close to ten mile run out onto the lake and at about the half way point I asked Bernie and Spiel who had a camera... we all did, back at the cottage!

HH

Yes, I'm all for 3 day weekends every weekend.

Had a blast as we always seem to do regardless of weather.

Yes, we have proof!

I count 6 pickereyes plus a perch Joe.

P1040190.jpg

P1040192-1.jpg

Once the water that accumulated in my fryer was boiled out the fries turned out really good.

Not sure that they will ever be duplicated. :whistling:

Once again, we had the Sunday afternoon :( session before the trip home.

P1040194.jpg

P1040196.jpg

P1040193.jpg

Great weekend guys, looking forward to February!

Thanks for posting the thread Joe :)

Edited by Bernie

Great shots Bernie, always nice to spend a bit of time lounging outside before the trip home. I didn't take many pics at all, had Cliff with me so why would I? :D Here are a couple of the sunrise you all missed on Sunday.

P1000900.jpg

P1000902.jpg

P1000905.jpg

Thanks again for a great weekend gents! How many days till the next one??

I hate all of you..... teasing me with these pics.... I assume my chair was still honoured? did you guys get through a whole song?

looks like I missed a good one fellas...

Now that everything here is dealt with.... Feb is a definate.

G

Hey G!

We are getting good at Brown Eyed Girl LOL.

Looking forward to Feburary already!

You have a chair?