World Record Muskie Caught In 1000 islands!

ttahhan

Hi peeps, I came across this video of a 65Lb Muskie caught in Kingston Ontario In the 1000 islands area,

the reason i wanted to share this video is the angler that caught this fish has RESPECT for fishing.

Watch the video you will understand what i mean.....decided to release and NOT Kill the fish for the

sense of glory and fame !

How Big was Perry's Fish ??

Cheers!

Hi peeps, I came across this video of a 65Lb Muskie caught in Kingston Ontario In the 1000 islands area,

the reason i wanted to share this video is the angler that caught this fish has RESPECT for fishing.

Watch the video you will understand what i mean.....decided to release and NOT Kill the fish for the

sense of glory and fame !

How Big was Perry's Fish ??

Cheers!

Dale is a local here and a muskie fanatic like some of us... ....thanks for digging up the archives... :whistling:

I saw that mount at the Musky Odyssee a couple years back and it really was a gorgeous fish and something for Dale to be proud of.

As for the World record, I honestly hope someday folks will actually go fishing for the fun of the sport and forget all about who caught the biggest fish.....who really cares ??

It's an argument that's been going on for decades and some guys actually seem obsessed with it.

Musky fishing is fun and it's too bad so many can't realise that.

I saw that mount at the Musky Odyssee a couple years back and it really was a gorgeous fish and something for Dale to be proud of.

As for the World record, I honestly hope someday folks will actually go fishing for the fun of the sport and forget all about who caught the biggest fish.....who really cares ??

It's an argument that's been going on for decades and some guys actually seem obsessed with it.

Musky fishing is fun and it's too bad so many can't realise that.

Hey Lew....me you and Roy should plan to get out for a Muskie hunt one of these days.... ;)

IIRC that fish was 57" x 33", which if you calculate the weight, the formula puts that fish at 77.59 pounds (one of the more conservative formulas i have seen). I really would have liked to see an actual weight to see how close it is to the estimated weight. Beautiful fish either way.

LOL Gbay my thoughts exactly.... Dont get me wrong it IS a giant fish.... is it a WR well if we had pics of them measuring both length and girth you could have a better idea. Lets look back at another giant caught there the got stretched to 60" a few years back when I think the lentgh was like 56.5" and I also held that fish (frozen)... guess what 53lbs is what she was.... a great fish none the less.... and the guy who did the mount even added a cpl inches to it like you can so its even bigger. Sad part is the WR fish is worth alot of $$ to who gets it... alot like the WR bass...or walleye....So if you want the WR your gonna have to keep a fish and better make sure it has great proportions. I just wish a true monster in the 75lbs range came in and put all the who holds the WR issue to bed. Tired of this guy,.... no this guy.... :blahblah1:

I'd kill a WR muskie in a second and not feel bad about it..

Bill, same here. But I'd have to be pretty sure about it being the WR. If Crossman were alive he'd love to study a WR specimen and I'm sure a lot could be gleaned from such a fish. Killed my first 20" brook trout in a heartbeat I have got larger since and released them with no qualms. One for the wall is enough.

Tough to claim anything a world record unless its been verified. ESPECIALLY a muskie. I mean heck even a record perch is hotly debate.

Giant? Huge? Awesome? yup all are true here... but World Record?

O'briens fish was also 65 pounds. So for this to be a claimed 65 pound fish it would obvioulsy need to be weighed and measured properly. There is NO way you could call one fish a world record when a completly unofficial measurement weighs it the exact same as the current record.

JMHO but seriously a Huge , Giant and Awesome fish.

Bill, same here. But I'd have to be pretty sure about it being the WR. If Crossman were alive he'd love to study a WR specimen and I'm sure a lot could be gleaned from such a fish. Killed my first 20" brook trout in a heartbeat I have got larger since and released them with no qualms. One for the wall is enough.

Absolutely, if there were any doubts, she'd be going back.