NHL Hockey

glen

Will there be hockey this year  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Will there be hockey this year

• Yes hockey will start at normal opener
    • Yes hockey will start part way though the season
    • No hockey this year

Personally, I love nhl hockey. If I wanted to watch second rate, not good enough players I would watch ohl or ahl. I watch the nhl because they are the best. If you had two tv shows on about fishing. One amature that knew nothing about fishing, and say dave mercer, who would you watch? I might flip to the amature for jokes, but I am gonna watch dave. NHL or bust for me.

I'd watch the Amateur's

Bettmens boss is the 29 owners (the nhl "owns" the yotes, thanks to betts). And he'll get his 8 million dollars this year no matter how much hockey is played. Who knows he may get a bonus on top of that.

wow, that's brutal, I also didn't know that but also wondered

this has a good chance of being the second time without NHL hockey, for an entire season, with the owners under the leadership of Gary "the little weasel" Bettman, there's not alot of money coming in for the owners when the lights are out and the seats are empty and there's Dancing With the Stars on TV, you think they (the owners) would give him what he has coming to him (at the very least that would be losing his job),

yeah, I had a long day at work but I'll say it for what it's worth, I'd like to hurt that little snake Bettman

Ron Mclean from CBC says no way there is a lockout..From what I read it makes sense.. All but 3 teams were in the black the last 3 years..Before the old lockout the owners were loosing money. It doesnt add up for the owners to lock the players out now..They will be just throwing away good cash..Im willing to bet this is all done and over with before the preseason kicks in..here's the link

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2012/09/04/spf-nhl-nhlpa-cba-ron-maclean.html

Ron is employed by CBC, CBC has a stake in the NHL lockout and a stake in keeping people optimistic and intereted. This article was meaningless. Bettman screwed the pooch the last time, and now he is trying to play catchup. I doubt anyne here would take a paycut like they are offering the players. The owners said they wont play without a new CBA. Case closed. The season won't start on time, neither the players nor the owners, nor bettman cares what may seem logical. Its all about the Money Money Money, They care about the fans or the game.

Oh yah, and what a great move to hire someone from within a losing organization to run the show. WTG MLSE you morons!!!!

Dress it up however you want, it all boils down to employees not willing to accept terms of employment.

You don't like your pay?

You don't want a wage freeze?

You don't want a pay cut?

You don't agree with revised working hours?

You don't like the benefits?

It's a free world, go find another job, no one is stopping you!

Do contracts for players mean NOTHING anymore?. Little bit not sure of the proposed agreement. A fellow member said it was the players taking a cut. Enlighten me if you can.lol.

It sounds to me that on TOP of their guaranteed salaries, and a per diem that most of the general population would consider a daily wage, they want to maintain a healthy cut of league revenue. If they were advocating cheaper tickets at the gate , i might have some sympathy. But theyre not and I dont.

Dont get me wrong. The owners are absolutely swimming in money and i have none for them either. But you can bet that, ticket prices will go up, beer will be $20 a shot and a hotdog inside will cost 5 times what it would two steps from the ACC. Hard to pick a side on this one.

I too think the players union is useless in this sport..We should do what the NFL did years ago.. Lock out the players hire replacement players and the locked out players will turn their backs on the union and cross the picket line eventually..Anyway no matter what side your on here this video will make you remember were all just hockey fans...Enjoy!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EWQs3O_IDas" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Meh. Anyone actually part of the NHL this day and age need a reality check. They are all overpriced whiners IMO. I love the game of hockey but not what they are making it. We all suffered (in sone way) a financial crisis. Now it's the NHLs turn for a major correction - which they are kicking and screaming against.

And in response to those that said there will be hockey? The jets release a statement to there fans saying to be prpeared for the eventuality of a lockout... the deadline is sept 15th... one week from today. The two sides are not close to eachother regardless of either side making money. I say there will be a lockout. How long is anyones guess, I doubt a whole season would get trashed though.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=404654

I love how people can whine about players salaries, when WE ARE THE ONES PAYING THEM!!!!

Do they make unreal amounts of money? Yes

But can you blame them for wanting more money? Nope!

If your company offered you a raise, are you gonna take it? YUP

If your company offered you $1.4 million per year to work, would you say no? NOPE

Fact of the matter is.... WE watch the games, WE go to the games, WE buy the videos games, hats, sticks, etc, etc, etc that pay the players/owners salaries!

Again... do they make unreal amounts of money? Yup... but who wouldnt take as much money as possible at "work"?

Gary bettman is the worst thing to happen to the nhl. He has not done a thing to improve the game! Since his tenure started as commish, he has changed rules to make the game less enjoyable, implemented the silly shootout, and caused 2 lockouts, goining on 3. I don't recall any other commish causing a lockout in the history of the league. His a twit.

Stoty has it bang on, they make stupid money, yes. But we support them! No one is gonna turn down 100 mil to play a game!

Canadian teams make up over a 3rd of the NHL revenue and pay most to porffit sharing to teams that are falling apart...Betman whats going on here? Imagine how much better the league would do with 2 more Canadian teams?! Man, you gotta wonder whats wrong with that guy...

Guess I'll continue to enjoy my Rangers....Kitchener ranger that is!

The junior leagues are playing better hockey most of the time anyway IMHO.

Don't get me wrong, I love to watch My Leafs (why I'll never know) but sai la vie....

The problem with the NHL is the heart is gone until the Playoffs come around.

The rest of the season is just "show off time"

bah....

Guess I'll continue to enjoy my Rangers....Kitchener ranger that is!

The junior leagues are playing better hockey most of the time anyway IMHO.

Don't get me wrong, I love to watch My Leafs (why I'll never know) but sai la vie....

The problem with the NHL is the heart is gone until the Playoffs come around.

The rest of the season is just "show off time"

bah....

It would be real nice for Barrie to have Scheifele for the whole season. I think in the long run it would be good for him to.