Lake Erie Walleye Weekend

Whopper

Been looking forward to this weekend for quite awhile after canceling twice, first trip to the big pond and you couldn't have asked for better weather. Matter of fact it may have been a little too nice for the walleye, but the fish still co-operated. We didn't fish as much as we normally would because of all the work to do with getting my buddy's boat in the water and doing some maintenance on his place. Fished for about 6 hours Saturday two of us boated a dozen and Sunday 3 hours three of us boated 15, not going to tell ya who the big stick was cause I don't want to jinx myself :D . Took our 4 fish limit both days, fish were all pretty much the same size 17-21 inches. All of our fish came from 4 to 8 foot of water and all but three were caught on hair jigs tipped with minnows, the other three came from pulling crankbaits over the same reef. Only managed to take a few pics, the first is a pic of my buddy's boat after we got it in the water.

LakeErie07011.jpg

A few fish pics

LakeErie07005.jpg

LakeErie07006.jpg

LakeErie07010.jpg

Sunset on Saturday night

LakeErie07009.jpg

LakeErie07007.jpg

Had a great weekend

Whopper

I was noticing what Joey said too, man you must have tough skin on your fingers to lip a wally! WTG on the outing.

LOL Joey, no lipping walter I was holding the jig that was still stuck to the top of the mouth, just so happens that two of those fish went back, a lot of times I will not stick my fingers under the gill plate if I know that they are not going into the cooler

Nice fish... 4 fish limit? 6 is the limit on erie this year, but good eats none the less.

Corey, the State of Ohio has a four fish limit until May 1st then it changes to six for the remainder of the year. Their little way of helping the spawn, they also just dropped the perch limit midstream from 40 to 30 which was fine with me.

Thanks all for the kind words!

Whopper

Edited by Whopper