more outings and a new pb again

miller

made it out friday before work for a half hour and luckily managed two browns.

april13th2012.jpg

april13th20121.jpg

had the day off today and made the best of it. went chucking spoons into the wind. at the end of a cast i reeled my spoon in and let it drop a bit as i was talking to a buddy when a monster brown smashed it. ended up beating my old pb of 19lbs 1oz with this beast at 22lbs even.

april18th2012.jpg

afternoon went float fishing on a river i havn't tried before and managed to hook into a couple fish, got one shaker, one nice bow, lost another, and landed a sucker too. the bow i landed had some deep cuts on one side and scratch marks on the opposing side so it looks as if a eagle or something tried to grab it.

april18th20124.jpg

april18th20122.jpg

Lived a 5 minute walk from that pier for 28 years and that is the best brown I've seen taken from there. The marks on that bow, I'd say you are correct, talons from a Eagle or Osprey, probaby too big for it to make off with but sure left a mark :w00t:

Beauty brown, congrats! That's a real horse!

Marks on the rainbow look like they were made by a frog spear, or possibly even part of a pitchfork. I've seen native guys spear pike with a frog spear up north and the dual holes from the barbed spear look exactly like the marks on that 'bow.

I don't think herons go after fish that big, and usually they only take one strike. Nice fish all around!

They eat big fish if the opportunity presents itself... We had a cage in the river when I was younger for keeping minnows... Well one day we got a bunch of smallies... So we tossed em in the cage to clean later.... Later never came... The blue herons emptied the cage... 12-15 smallies up to 3.5-4 pounds...