Most stupid thing you've heard while fishing,

Dave Bailey

I have a friends that always ask me to go fishing with them but their is always one guy ask as go let move to the other spot just becuase he is not catching fish and all of us catching and having fun... that really pissed me off... Can we go...?? come on

or sometimes he will throw his line and tangle up with and he would say, is ur line in there?? How stup can you be???

or even when you go river fishing and you said fish on!! always "some" idiot dont bother getting thier line out... and when you tangle ur line with them, omg you have fish... didnt I just said that?!! lolz

This one blows my mind.. Daily I see this..I need a job with the MNR when everyday I drive by the Grand river to see the guys lined up in a known walleye spot. Or when you go down for a walk with the dogs and some guy has a FAT waleye in his hands walking to his car...I get sick of calling the tips line and telling people that they are breaking the law..They truely dont care. :wallbash: We will be lucky to have any walleye left in the river by opening day around here...

You just want to throttle themwallbash.gif

Of course, that would never happen to Billy Bob, he doesnt even get his bearings wet.whistling.gif

You got that right Buddy Boy......my rear roller is BARELY touching the water.......someday I will give all you C.C. a lesson on how to launch and retrieve a fishing boat..... :)

Early spring trout fishing....I mean real early and very cold with rain and snow. Fishing with a guy who makes fishing films for TV. He insisted on using a fly rod and dry fly early in the morning and then late in the afternoon. Would not go fishing at midday when there were a few flies.

Had the line coming out from behind the fly reel (line was spooled backwards too) and called himself a pro.

There were 4 of us and if I hadn't used a black Panther Martin, we would not have caught any fish.

Not as stupid as it is innocent... But when a new fisherman asks " how do you know when there's a fish bitin?"

I asked that once while bottom fishing in 400' of water off islamorada with 3#'s of weight on the line.

I asked the captain "how the heck do you know when you have a bite with all this line out and weight?"

His answer was simply "Oh, you'll know ;)"

He was right, darn near got yanked outta the boat!!!!! :lol:

I was fishing in Bobcaygon one time, up streem of the bridge (when you could still fish there) I hooked into a big carp using about 6# test line (wasn't fishing carp LOL). Anyway this carp decides to head down stream under the bridge. No problem, I had lots of line. This very nice little Asian guy comes over from the down stream side of the bridge and looks at me and says "we have conflict, you tangled up with my fish"! LOL. Seems the carp on my line had run down under the bridge, under his line, so he thought it should now be his fish. I solved it quuite easily, I just cut his line for him :whistling:

Took a friend who is noob to fishing to the West Arm last summer. His mission was to catch big pike. He puts on a xrap, makes 15-20 casts, puts down his rod and says "you should of told me there is no fish here, this sucks". According to him, the fishing sucked all week as he was being outfished 10:1 :rolleyes:

It seems my timing is terrible. I don’t know how many times I’ve heard "You should have been here yesterday!! They were on FIRE!!"

you should have come with us yesterday to the lake, the crappies were on fire! :whistling:

"i'd never eat perch caught downriver of the domtar paper mill in cornwall.... too much pollution in those perch..."

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

do people not realize that most of ontario's moving water eventually flows through the st.lawrence... all the factories and pollution on all the great lakes and tribs all make it this way... and some people think the paper mill is the deal breaker...lol

oh well... no fish fry for you...lol