Men In The Kitchen (n/f)

JFR

I do most of the cooking around the place, the wife only eats that green stuff.

She won't touch my venison, elk or caribou even fish she leaves that to me.

I love cooking, trying different things.

Our Christmas lunch at work we all to take in something, this year is dessert. Chocolate Turtle Cheese Cake.....

PatB cooks just fine, thank you very much. He drives a BBQ like Steve McQueen, and his chili is not that bad at all, considering.

I know that pic in your avatar, Pat. Could that indeed be Lake Babaganouche?

Edited by douG

I do all of the cooking and shopping during the week and she cooks on the weekend if i get the stuff.She is a great cook but I have more time and do a pretty good job.Over the last winter I made two rooms into a big litchen so I could have a bit more room.

countertop1.jpg

countertop2.jpg

countertop3.jpg

daplumma I'm just glad your stove works! :D

I cook on the BBQ all year round and have been known to put a few other meals together.

Cooked a 23lb turkey today, made a cheese ball and did all the slicing and dicing for all the other side dishes today, truly a combined effort between my wife and I for our thanksgiving dinner.

Whopper

Edited by Whopper

Ya my wifh is the Kitchen :angry: dropout but I don't mind .My mom left when I was 7 so my Dad showed me how to cook at young age.I do it all groceries and cooking.But I will not comlain.My wife does all the painting and plastering of Gyprock. :blahblah1: She eats the fish but she will not come fishing.I am greatful my 3 kids love to fish.Mike :thumbsup_anim:

I'm a chef so i feel comfortable around foodstuff anywhere.

Kids and wife like simple food so i'll get it ready fast.

My wife and I both love to cook. I cooked chicken parmasean on our 3rd date and she spent the night :angel:

Having dates come to my place for a dinner always worked out pretty good as well :thumbsup_anim:

ehg

My wife and I both like to cook, and we probably split it about even. I'm better at some things and dishes and she's better at others. I do almost all the BBQing and she is amazing at sauces.

And you single guys, forget the flash clothes or car, if you really want to impress a date, learn to cook!

My wife still mentions the wild mushroom & rosemary pasta I made for her on our first official date...

Mike

i cook for me and my gf most of the time.....i love creating new dishes and playing with ingrediants ... i told her " i have no problem with cookiing but I AINT CLEANING" then i spurted out " thats a womens job" ( trying to be funny ) ..... she didnt like that much ...lol

:thumbsup_anim: I do almost all the cooking, why, take Tuesday as an example. Grilled cheese sandwich at 10PM why, was served under cooked ducky at 7:30. No thanks says I, you can't rush fowl it just has to cook until it's truly done. Results wife PO'ed didn't speak the rest of the night :(

She does try though but her offerings are limited. She makes a bang up borscht. Something she did manage to learn from her native country. And something called meat with mayonnaise. Sounds horrible but really it's not. A layer of onions, a layer of veal, a little mayo on top of that and a layer of cheese, maybe mushrooms too. Into the oven and man what a meal.

Anyway I cook and she cleans up and its been a happy 9 years so who's to complain

Thank you douG for transliterating for me,

Roget’s II: The New Thesaurus, Third Edition. 1995.

dab hand

NOUN: A person with a high degree of knowledge or skill in a particular field: ace, adept, authority, expert, master, past master, professional, proficient, wizard. Informal : whiz. Slang : crackerjack. Chiefly British : dab2. See ABILITY.

Mick

My mother and father split up when I was young so I had to learn how to cook at an early age...My first wife's step-father graduated from the University of Hong Kong as a chef and I have spent the past fifty years trying to duplicate the flavor he put into Chinese cusine...I come close but not exactly the same...I think it has sumpin' to do with the tonic wine he used...Never got any complaints from Meely or Crappieperchhunter and his wife Debbi :rolleyes:

Like most here I have a small library of cooking books (50+) and the first thing I read in magazines or newspapers is the recipes...I usually follow a recipe once then I improvise. ;)

Maribeth is a good cook but since I was first home from work way back when it was natural for me to do dinner for us...Mike and Motv8tr were with us then...She still does the cleanup...mainly just pots and pans now that we have a dishwasher...

Edited by Beans