Blurring out backgrounds

Mike Pike

Don't take offense.

Why? If you don't want to show or help the people here, just don't post, keep it a secret.

I've seen this on a few posts. Doesn't make sense to me. We've all seen fish before.

Send your pictures to paint shop on your PC. Once you learn paint shop you'll be surprised what you can do.

Don't take offense.

Why? If you don't want to show or help the people here, just don't post, keep it a secret.

Cause 50 of his newest friends will be there the next day. You ever wonder why a steelhead report has 20 replies and 800 views? Way to many people use this site for nothing more then information gathering. They don't add to our community and are just using it to benefit themselves.

I feel like a criminal when I look at blurred shots. I understand why they're done but it really isn't necessary if the cameraman would just point the dang camera in the right direction. Or maybe could it be a feel good experience for the poster because he knows a "secret" spot that you don't know about? Or maybe even a spot that you showed him? I don't know, as much as I enjoy reports....well...you know what I'm going to say.

You can also take a little more time when they're still full size / resolution.. edit the background and then downsize to lower resolution / small size and nobody would even know...leaving the beauty of the fish (and background) to the viewer. It has it's time and place....

i thought this was pretty much in the rules? not to give away exact locations? i recognize lots of spots even when they are blurred.

thought it was frowned upon to give up spots thru pics?

i dont think the blurry guys are trying to hide anything, thought they were just following the rules...

Edited by smally21

i dont think the blurry guys are trying to hide anything, thought they were just following the rules...

thumbsup_anim.gif and the solution....

I understand why they're done but it really isn't necessary if the cameraman would just point the dang camera in the right direction.

Maybe I'm the only one, but when I start to read a post and see the pictures all messed up to hide stuff I just close the post and move on to other things.

Just my opinion though.

Put swirls on the landscape, fish, person's face, water and everything between.

It is all the same to me because I will move on too. I guess you could always PM the pictures to all your friends and that way you won't have to swirl anything. Just like when some asks for information and instead of giving it out they say PM me and I will give you the info. I usually ignore those post's too.

Don't take offense.

I've seen this on a few posts. Doesn't make sense to me. We've all seen fish before.

Send your pictures to paint shop on your PC. Once you learn paint shop you'll be surprised what you can do.

No offense taken, Fish Farmer.

To Lew and all the others who said they don't like pics or posts with blurred backgrounds, neither do I really. That's why I described it as an "annoying" feature. lol Nothing worse than a photo of a guy holding a fish with no story, no background, no nothing, just someone holding a fish.

Reason I was gonna look into using it was because I fish a lot of shore spots. It's probably 90% of my fishing. I feel like I don't contibute enough to this forum with my experences because I hesitate showing the pics where the locations are obvious. Stories without pics are kinda boring( to me anyway ), so I simply reply to posts on this forum without actually starting any myself.

So, I thought the blurred background option was something I could use. Share a tale and still show a photo.

Anyhoo, thanks for the help and all the opinions, guys! It's appreciated.

funny to read they won't bother to read posts that have blurred pictures to protect their spot on a spot

but some of the guys would move mountains to get the name of their favorite lake removed from a fishing post on this forum..not their hot spot, but the name of the lake. ..guess to each their own