Check your lightbulbs

jedimaster

So I had a burnt out headlight, Went to crappy tire, to buy a light was on my way back to my place to change it and I got pulled over. I wasn't speeding, didn't miss a signal or cut someone off. Yep I got pulled over for having a burnt out headlight. I told her that it just burnt out and I just bought a headlight and was on my way to replace it at home and she said, take a picture of it and set a trial date.

Been on hold now for 49 minutes waiting... sheesh man... I would love to say how pissed I am about this but I will just hold off.

Anyway it must be quota time in the GTA so make sure you got your nuts tightened.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

precisely why law enforcement doesn't have my respect. many of them are just bullies with badges. and the females often have bigger "balls" than the males do.

So I had a burnt out headlight, Went to crappy tire, to buy a light was on my way back to my place to change it and I got pulled over. I wasn't speeding, didn't miss a signal or cut someone off. Yep I got pulled over for having a burnt out headlight. I told her that it just burnt out and I just bought a headlight and was on my way to replace it at home and she said, take a picture of it and set a trial date.

Been on hold now for 49 minutes waiting... sheesh man... I would love to say how pissed I am about this but I will just hold off.

Anyway it must be quota time in the GTA so make sure you got your nuts tightened.

That it total Bull.You had the light and were on the way home.Actually the key word was she.

I got pulled over for a seat belt .The thing that made me mad was I had it on .My coat and seat belt were almost the same colour.It was my word against hers.I did not win.

Crap, spent 68 minutes on the phone just to be told, and I quote

"The cop didn't know what she was talking about, you don't phone the number you have to come in in person to request a trial"

Looks like another waste of time.

I mean I was pretty much fuming and am still abit tempered about it. But of course she has the taser so I guess I have no choice. If I was speeding or something, or cut someone off, or whatever, yah give me the headlight as an extra. Or if she was loking for somethign and found nothing, seriously why not just a warning, or an escourt home around the block so I can change it.

Man o Man, this is exactly why my faith in the folks in blue have lost my respect a long time ago. Not only that a cop without signals on was behing me on my way to work this morning at a light. I was turning left and so were they. He did a double lane change around me and almost side swiped a car coming towards us making a right.

I want to pull my hair out.

There are some good ones out there tho...

I got pulled over cause all my trailer lights were out... I told him they were working the day before... The cop said he had a boat as well and understood how often lights can go out and wiring harnesses come loose...

He asked how far I had to go... I said 2 blocks... So he followed me home so I didn't get rear ended...

So it can be one extreme to the next... You would think there should be consistency... Like ISO for coppers...

I'd be taking the ticket plus the bill of sale for the new light and heading straight to the cop shop to talk to whoever is in charge.

Nobody has any control over when a light will burn out and I can't see any way you should have been charged.

That cop needs to be raked over the coals by her boss.

Used to be a time when you were given 24 hours to fix stuff like that and then just take the car in so the cop can see it was repaired.

Edited by lew

We have a winner!!!

After Ford's budget battle, every municipal service is being pushed to tighten belts and drum up revenue. It's the way the system works.

No way leafs all the way. So just out of protest I am going to leave one of the lights the old yellow stock ones and the other one is a super ultra bright blue one. If you ever see the silve franken light corolla thats me in protest. Damn. Too bad it actually wasn't pirate day. I am sure I got that ticket for actually joking about being pulled over for having a burnt out light bulb.

on the back of the ticket, isnt there options for how to proceed? you have 15 days in most cases to respond and several options, you can request a trial date and plead guilty, guilty with a reason or try and fight it. im pretty sure you dont have to go in person to request trial.

Exact same thing happened to me a few years back. I noticed the light was out, so I bought one at CT. Problem is the headlight has to be removed to change the bulb. Well I left CT and got pulled over 500m down the road. I explained the situation and showed him the bulb. Without a care he handed me a hefty ticket. Oh, well. Fortunately it was thrown out in court.

Here in the states I have been stopped for having a license plate light out, although not recently, no ticket though.

The reality of the situation is this, traffic stops result in the apprehension of people for other criminal activities. Our local police reports confirm this, people stopped for minor traffic offenses and found to be drug mules, drunk, carrying concealed weapons with out permits, people in possession of stolen property.

Granted in your case it seems extreme, but consider how many excuses a police officer hears? Heck I got stopped returning from a fishing trip with Deg, it was my own fault and I admitted it, and received just a warning.

I'd be taking the ticket plus the bill of sale for the new light and heading straight to the cop shop to talk to whoever is in charge.

Nobody has any control over when a light will burn out and I can't see any way you should have been charged.

That cop needs to be raked over the coals by her boss.

Used to be a time when you were given 24 hours to fix stuff like that and then just take the car in so the cop can see it was repaired.

X 2 on that one! The ticket will be dated and the time will be marked on it. The receipt will be dated and the time marked on it. You can go in at your conveinence!

Funny but I had the same thing happen to me but I was given I think it was a 24 hour thing . I went home changed the light drove right to police station ,maybe a half hour latter .. Told the guy at desk what had happened,showed him the ticket , he asked "you changed light " , I told him car is outside .. He said case closed , I was so mad he did not even go outside (was a cold raining night) to even check ...

Bruce, you got a 'fix it' ticket.. I've had them before. This is what the OP should have got to be honest. I can't believe the cop even gave him a ticket, lol!

Should we start posting our good cop/bad cop stories? I've got some great ones!!!