Slips in the kawarthas

jedimaster

Choate's store on McCracken's Landing was torn down to make way for this:

http://www.mccrackenslanding.com/

I guess you can't stand in the way of progress. I spent many years on this lake but my parents sold our family cottage on Stoney when I was 25. I continue to return each year to fish the Firefighters fundraising tournament in September. One of my closest friends has a cottage right next door to this development.

Would you have to take your electronics, trolling motor and other stuff out and bring them back home with you every time?

I dunno, I would hope it would be fairly secured, enough to leave my trolling motor on. The only other thing i have on there is my fish finder and its on a clip on bracket so its only a second to pull off.

Called emerald isle, and scugog island. I'll have to make the calls around the usual suspects.

it also goes by the length of your boat !!! i believe a 16ft for the season will cost around $500 for the summer,that was the average price not too long ago,but they are free to charge whatever they want i have heard places charging as much as $800 for the entire season from may till usually the thanksgiving weekend....

Sandy Beach Trailer Court on Balsam Lake has some boat sites for rent for non trailer customers

Benefit would be that you need an access card to get in and out of the docking area, its in a quiet bay (so boats don't get pounded by the wind/waves) and its a good launch

You are probably looking at about $500-800 for the season depending on where and what if any ammenities are offered. The trailer parks could be a good option since they usually have a park of some sort for the kiddies to entertain themselves while mom/dad get the boat uncovered, loaded, and fired up. Get on this quick because if the Kawartha's are anything like Honey Harbour, slips go real quick and are pretty much unobtainable once the boating season begins.

Mars Marine on Chemong usually has slips available. Not alot of ammenities, but you get a dock with power available.

I'm not sure of the going rate, my buddy docks his 16' boat there in trade for cutting the grass.

A 16' boat is a trailer boat.....you should be trailering it to the hottest lake the day your going to fish....it would take me less time to launch my boat then it would to uncover it at a dock and put in any equipment you don't trust being left in there....not good having a dock on Stoney Lake when the walleyes are jumping in the boat at Sturgeon or Rice Lake.... :o

I would trailer it all over, but having a corolla to drive, and living in a condo with nowhere to park it is a pain, and putting it in a slip is only a bit more than dry land storage. So I think I will like the convenience of having it in a slip. Idon't even leave anything in it even when I had it parked at home in the driveway so that won't be much of a change for me.

ps if anyone is looking for a 2000 lund pm me... I may end up listing it as well, and see what comes first a buyer or a dock. :)

I would trailer it all over, but having a corolla to drive, and living in a condo with nowhere to park it is a pain, and putting it in a slip is only a bit more than dry land storage. So I think I will like the convenience of having it in a slip. Idon't even leave anything in it even when I had it parked at home in the driveway so that won't be much of a change for me.

ps if anyone is looking for a 2000 lund pm me... I may end up listing it as well, and see what comes first a buyer or a dock. :)

OK I understand.....have you considered storing it on the trailer at a marina/launch....we have several places around here that do that....you don't have to trailer it but only hook on and launch it right there....it's MUCH cheaper then a dock and more secure on windy stormy days/nights...

Bob

OK I understand.....have you considered storing it on the trailer at a marina/launch....we have several places around here that do that....you don't have to trailer it but only hook on and launch it right there....it's MUCH cheaper then a dock and more secure on windy stormy days/nights...

Bob

I was going to suggest this, seeing if a marina will store your boat for the season and let you use the ramp for a fixed fee for the season. I know up in Honey Harbour there are a couple of marinas that do this and charge $250-300 for the season. As for having power at the dock, it will end up costing you more and it usually limited to marinas as trailer parks don't want to spend the big money involved in running electricity to a dock and having outlets at each slip. It's one of those it would be nice kinda things but not a necessity. I know, I have to pull my TM batteries out of the boat and bring them up to my trailer to charge them and it's a pain.

Its the launching part that sucks. getting the boat in the water is ok, but pulling it out a 16 footer fully decked can be interesting with a corolla. It usually involves swearing, tire smoke and a 1/4 tanks of gas. :)

Its also a possibility I am going to sell the corolla and get a small suv. If that is the case we will likely opt for some dry land storage.

Its the launching part that sucks. getting the boat in the water is ok, but pulling it out a 16 footer fully decked can be interesting with a corolla. It usually involves swearing, tire smoke and a 1/4 tanks of gas. :)

OH PLEASE let me know when you're going to do this....this is the BEST FREE entertainment in the (fishing) world.... :rofl2:

Seriously.....it's like people watching....we use to go in a large group to Oneida Lake every opening weekend and camp in our vans right at the launch parking lot....fished real early before sun up and would usually limit out...then back to the launch area, tie up the boats out of the way and get beer and lawn chair ready for the action to start....NEVER disappointed there....I believe the boat launch is the # 1 spot that divorces/break ups start...over the many years going there I think I have seen just about everything as many others here could attest to... :rofl2: