1934-2011 Thanks for the memories

Handlebarz

Mike tho we have never met I feel I know you as I know so many here . I will fish with ya any time, you allway have a seat on my boat , your posts are the best,never negative , I read everything you write . I lost my dad 5 years ago , tho i say hes lost he still speaks to me in my dreams and in the way I do things and how I raise my family , hes not lost, hes just in another place. Im so sorry to hear this and I wish you the best in getting on with your life without him , tho I believe he will allways be in you , and the way you live and the way your family lives their lifes . My prayers go out to you , B

Edited by capt bruce

So sorry to hear this news Mike.

Having only met your father a few times, it was very easy to see where you got your humour from. He was a great man, husband, father and grandfather. Most of all though, he was a great friend to everyone who met him.

Your family will be in our prayers tonight.

Your friends Ron, Terri and the kid who let Jade win the Mike Swan trophy.

Sorry to hear of the sad news Mike. It's been 3 years already that my dad lost his battle to this terrible disease and like you, was at his bed side when he took his last breath... I miss him dearly.

My sincerest condolences goes out to you and your family.

Keep the memories in your heart.

Jacques

Thanks again everyone as most know dad was my buddy and it means a lot to see everyone sending there wishes mom loves it and had no clue that so many people would do this. They were both humble about wanting to be in the eye of attention so she is taken by the kind words.

Good luck to all who get out fishing this weekend

Some great pictures there Mike and they'll bring back fond memories for many years to come.

My dad's been gone for 14 years now and like you, I was very close to him and I think about him probably dozens of times a day. I've got lotsa pics of both him and my late Mom and they sure help with the loss.

Out in the workshop above the bench I've got a favorite picture of my dad and I hung his favorite pike lure beneath it. I've also got his old tape measure sitting beside the picture.

Crazy stuff maybe, but when I'm working at the bench and his picture and a couple of his favorite things are there, it sorta keeps him close to me.

You'll also figure a way to keep your dad with you too.