That's My Boy!

solopaddler

My son Brendan just turned 5 last month and last month reached another milestone in his young life, his first steelhead.

Every time I go now he begs me to come. It's tough to say no, and so far this fall he's been out with me a few times, and considering his young age, has done pretty well.

He recently caught 3 completely on his own, casting and drifting a 7' spinning rod rigged with a float.

Yep, he can already handle the big boy rod and reel with no problem.

October2011Steelheading010.jpg

October2011Steelheading011.jpg

October2011Steelheading012.jpg

October2011Steelheading.jpg

I'm calling this one his first official steelhead. Yeah it was just a small skipper, but with help from dad he set the hook and landed it on my 13' float rod and centre pin reel.

That's my boy. :)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7NqCcpxOteE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by solopaddler

Thanks guys, I figure by next year he'll be earning allowance money tying roe bags LOL!

Been waiting for this report Mike good job on getting him out I guess steelheading is to much of a foulweather thing for the daughter. Your son can now say to her that she's never caught a steelhead.

Riley doesn't have the bug like my little guy, don't want to force it on her either.

It's funny you mention him upping her, or bettering her somehow. He's been reminding his big sister of that fact constantly LOL!

Thats awesome Mike, your lad sure has me beat I can`t catch one. :worthy:

When ya taking me out so I can get this skunk off me?

Anytime Gord, but I'm not going to track you down for an invite. You already know you're welcome.

It's up to you buddy. :)

"Riley doesn't have the bug like my little guy, don't want to force it on her either.

It's funny you mention him upping her, or bettering her somehow. He's been reminding his big sister of that fact constantly LOL! "

Doing my best to foster sibling rivalry in your household Mike

Edited by Musky or Specks