how close is too close?

mike rousseau

if he is following too close and to the side of me I turn to where I know there is a shoal, I run him into it and when his boat is sinking I beat him to death with my fish club

glad I have only had to do it a few times

a year

I like the guys that see you land a whitefish out on Simcoe and park their asses 20ft away from you..

that's on a good day

if it's windy you have to stop fishing and push their boat away so it does dent your boat... and they just keep fishing because they know your getting them

that's on a good day

if it's windy you have to stop fishing and push their boat away so it does dent your boat... and they just keep fishing because they know your getting them

I was referring to ice fishing, lol!!! Can't do anything about the floatilla out there in the spring :)

I did some free guiding on Northwest bay this fall for some American anglers.

It was my first time out there this season with a new fishing partner, and neither of us had been fishing there regularly for some time. So we scouted a few spots and within an hour, had 4-5 boats following us around.

We did good that day, but it was quite comical. We met them at the launch at the end of the day and had a chat with them. They were quite friendly and didn't really interrupt our day.

But one fella did say that they weren't satisfied with their guide for the week, and they figured we were locals, so...

Mike maybe you should try getting close to him like he's trying to get close to you if all else fails ..kinda like fire with fire .

Mike is a very diplomatic guy. Courtious and boat smart. Last weekend when that dipstick opened his sealed beam in Mikes face as he was netting one of my fish, i saw that he knows how to get a point accrosswhistling.gif under no uncertain termsclapping.gif

Mike is a very diplomatic guy. Courtious and boat smart. Last weekend when that dipstick opened his sealed beam in Mikes face as he was netting one of my fish, i saw that he knows how to get a point accrosswhistling.gif under no uncertain termsclapping.gif

Cool , makes you wounder what there thinking .

Try going over to him and politely asking whats been working for him.

Then kindly ask if he wouldnt mind moving over so as not to encroche on your space.

IF that doent work just run circles aruond him chances are you will keep caching fish and he will get frustrated . :thumbsup_anim:

Encroachment is difficalt to judge it dependes on a multitude of circumstanceces.

Personally I go with the 200ft rule :clapping:

Icefishing or open water...

:dunno:

Hard to say without actualy being there ?

Good luck.

i have idiots that wait and follow me on the ottawa river when im walleye fishing....they watch and see me trolling a current break catch a fish see me whith the net out and land a fish...and then BOOM they are within 20ft of me and toss out a 40lb anchor....talk about being an ass guys have done that to me for years up there,i have had them drift right in front of me in the current while i have a trolling line going on,they just dont care,as long as they have a chance to get a fish i have had the same thing happen on lake ontario trolling for salmon too...hundreds of square miles of open water....where does a guy start to fish oh but 20 ft away meanwhile we are 4 miles from shore not another boat anywhre ....its tough some guys do it out of just not knowing...like hey theres a boat lets fish where they are...other guys just do it cause they are ignorant....i have had shouting matches over this as well,as guys troll right over my planner boards....it makes me soooooo mad..!!!! :wallbash::asshat::devil:

stuff like that always separates the real fishermen from the idiots..!!! real quick,after spending 30 years on the water i have seen it all,and i always respect another guys zone especially if he was there first....the crappie bucket brigade does it to us in the spring here on sturgeon lake too....and the funny thing is if some of these guys would just ask,about info or what i am using for bait,i would gladly tell them,its all about respect and being a decent fisherman and using common sense...!!!! just sayin.... :worthy: