Said good bye today HURTS

misfish

That's tough Brian,

I feel for you...I dread that day, but take comfort in knowing I will have had many good years before making that humane decision in their best interest. You made the right call for your Pet and I'm sure she appreciated the life you gave her and the comfortable exit.

Pets have a funny way of finding their way into our hearts as adopted member of the family, and once they do...its an amazing lift in quality they bring to our everyday life.

Take comfort in knowing your actions were appreciated and hang many pictures proudly.

My sincerest condolences,

All the best Brian,as a past and present owner of big dogs,I've been through this many times.It never gets easy but you must believe what your doing is the right and only way. Things will get better,memories last forever.davey.

Edited by davey buoy

Feel I can share more now.

Here was a family member,BUT, was souly Bettys dog.She touched the hearts of our whole family.She was the runt and was not to live past 3-4 years if we were lucky.I still remember the day Winnie (my pointer, ran off the end of the dock after some ducks. Man, little cuddles was right behind her.Both went in,Betty freaked. Oh winnie came back,and right behind her was cuddles.Picture a mop floating in the water with little feet kicking.LOL I know my pop is going to mis feeding her scrunch,ns.Yeah,she was a bacon dog. The grandkids have not been over yet,and this will bring tears when they dont see her.Young breck will point at the pic,then Cuddles and say,TINK. We laugh.

Tink,ya. I gave her that name,and for some reason it stuck. This was cause her eyes would whyp and smell,and one day I said,that smells like tinks.

This is where it gets hard for me. You all say sorry Brian,yet I do feel much pain and emptyness,it,s Betty, thats lost the most. This was her friend.They were like the velcro sisters. :lol: That made me laugh.

Dont get me wrong,she has seen and read all the posts and is very thankful.

The house is empty without her,but we will get by.

One day at a time.

We thank you all once again OFC members.

A member sent this to us today and it,s so true,and both Betty and I thank you.

There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge, there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass. When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place.

There is always food and water, and warm Spring weather. Those old and frail animals are young again. Those who have been maimed are made whole again.

They play all day with each other. But there is only one thing missing. They are not with their special person who loved them on earth. So, each day they run and play until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up. The nose twitches, the ears are up, the eyes are staring, and this one suddenly runs from the group.

You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet, you take him or her in your arms and embrace. Your face is kissed again and again and again and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet. Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.