Fishing Definitions

Lungelarry

So this summer, the light of my life, my resident love goddess caught her personal best pike. It was 31 1/2 inches and 7 1/2 lbs. She thought it was a monster. Now I should enlighten her and let her know it's only a so-so fish.................. Nah, my mother didn't raise any stupid kids.

In the world of internet....and particularly youtube.....the use of certain words like monster, huge, biggest....etc....is a tactic to get more views or 'hits'.

Those words are similarly used in forums to attract attention to posts(my opinion), but from my own point of view i am just as happy reading an interesting and/or informative and funny yet fishless report than one filled with BEHEMOTH BASS(insert air guitar and thrash metal soundtrack here).

Although giant fish are fun to catch and look at too :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by limeyangler

Frame of reference is key in this discussion. If you catch fish that are so big that looking at others prized accomplishments is a "waste of time" then you probably dont need this website for anything other than bragging.. I've learned a lot on this site, regardless of how big the catch in the thread was or the words used to describe it.

I always find it funny when someone complains about having their time wasted while surfing the internet.

Dude, your on the internet......how valuable was that 3.5 seconds it took to find out that the description didnt match the picture.....in your opinion

I always find it funny when someone complains about having their time wasted while surfing the internet.

Dude, your on the internet......how valuable was that 3.5 seconds it took to find out that the description didnt match the picture.....in your opinion

:clapping:

Dude, you need to change your avatar. Got anything bigger to put up? Wait a minute, how about your MONSTER Muskie you caught, seriously!

september232011newpersonalbest466m.jpg

Cheers, Ron...

Ronnie you and I were thinking along the same lines I was wondering why this guy was hugging a 32" musky??? must be the water where he lives.

I have a perch on the wall that is 13" it is not a monster for what we have here on LSC or Erie but on lake X in sudbury area it sure was for where it came from it was in a area in the middle of this lake that was full of reeds I caught 13 pike off it and dad caught 8 then he caught the 13" perch on crank bait we figure that it was a great memory for us and took it home what a great day it was we slammed the eye's saw a porcupine swimming followed a moose swimming and bashed the hell out of the pike that day dad was also bitten of by a HUGE pike to us at that time maybe 40"??? but that one perch means more to me then my first 50" musky.

OK. I think we've reached the end on this one. Repeating what everyone else has posted it pointless. I'm sure that there were some poor choices where words are concerned in this thread as well.