6 Canadian soldiers killed

lew

Guest Trophymuskie

It's about time we get out of there. God we can't afford it, we are broke with an enormous dete. And we are losing precious lifes.

Do you think you can find many Afghans willing to give their lifes for Canadians? That is saving them and not tying a bomb around their neck and walking into a market full of women and children.

It's about time we get out of there. God we can't afford it, we are broke with an enormous dete. And we are losing precious lifes.

Do you think you can find many Afghans willing to give their lifes for Canadians? That is saving them and not tying a bomb around their neck and walking into a market full of women and children.

Well said time to get out of there too many canadians being killed.Our equipment is too old and out of date.The latest is tanks that reach up to 60 celcius inside during summer months.No airconditioning. :wallbash::(

Edited by Mike the Pike

For once, Rosie O'donnell says something that makes sense :

"What do you have to do to get impeached in this country?"

http://impeachforpeace.org/impeach_bush_blog/?p=986

The American people have spoken , the politicians have spoken , and yet the person standing at the top of the strongest nation in the world is doing whatever the f-#$^ he wants. This is democracy ?

Guys, our people are there and dying. Let's not let this thread degenerate into a question of whether or not we should be there, but a tribute to those who made the ultimate sacrafice in the service of their country.

May they rest in peace and may our country take care of their famliy and friends.

Never forget!

HH

I completely agree with you Head Hunter, but we also mustn't forget that the soldiers that are fighting in the mid east and dying every day are not fighting for the liberty of our people , because the liberties of our people are not being jeopordized in any way! We are not under attack and never were !

The soldiers there and the citizens here have been fed propaganda and led to believe that they are serving the american and canadian people, but really they are serving the interests of the Bush administration . What are those interests you ask ? google it.

There is no conscription in Canada and U.S.A. , that's why I immigrated here from a country where every 18 year old must go and serve. I refuse to fight because i don't believe it is a way to resolve disputes period. Those that chose to serve the army believed that it's a worthwhile cause ... did they not know that being a soldier can kill them ? I am not trying to sound like a Westboro baptist church representative here, but at the same time, Caveat emptor , if you know what I mean .

Let them RIP.

HEY KFTO :angry::angry::angry:

Obviously since you have never signed the dotted line you do not know

we know what the deal is when we sign it goes with the territory

everybody dies at some point

we are buying and we are aware

AND JUST A POINT OF REFERENCE WE DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOR THE COUNTRIES WE ENTER ASK THE PEOPLE WE SERVE

GOD BLESS OUR SOLDIERS

FOREVER MY SUPPORT

NO MATTER THE CAUSE

PROUD STRONG AND FREE

PETER

Guest Trophymuskie

Hey I support our troupes 100% and I get the shivers listening to the history of Vimy ridge, especially the way we sacrificed over 3000 lifes but won a battle that no one ever thought could be won.

I had a great uncle serve in WW2 and many friends in the service. I just don't think we should be at war. Or is that finishing USA's war. We are peace keepers and not warriors anymore.

I personally would like to thank all that have served our great country and pray for those we have lost in the process.

IED Improvised Explosive device- Its another word for Booby trap. You set it then you run and hide. There is no tactical reasoning for them planting them. The former yugoslavians invented what the Taliban are doing. Their aim is to breakdown the morale of our soldiers and the innocent people. The more they maim the better. It takes dozens of people to look after one casualty and its costly. Now I agree 100% with Biteme, he must be a former soldier like me and headhunter. These guys are being paid for your protection, directly or indirectly. Canada is NOT a peace keeping country only( Im glad were getting away from that because it does not work without force) or neutral. We are part of NATO, an alliance that ended the horrible war in the former Yugoslavia where the UN couldn't. They are in Afghanistan, with the invitation, or cry for help from that government. DO not mix Iraq with Afghanistan because the Americans are there under their own juristiction. It is not a UN or Nato War.

KFTO-( what ever that means) This country won its independence with blood spilled, Boer War, Vimy Ridge, Scheldt Estuary,( Those wars changed Canadian society) and the Korean war, which by the way was under a UN Mandate. It takes a special love, devotion, and sense of duty to wear a Canadian Uniform. Our, My Soldiers are bringing so much honour for this country that I guess you could never know. I joined like so many others because I wanted to give back to this country, which has protected me, my family and you. I hope that all our so called new Canadians are not like you. Runaway from somewhere, and not give to your new country. Read our History. I cry for those six wonderful Canadians, and I feel guilty that I am not there with them. But at least I can say this. I gave 25 years back to my country and sacrificed so much of my family doing it. And that's what those soldiers now and past have done for you. Keep hiding behind our flag.

you can't help but feel for the families of the soldiers and the other soldiers over there, they become a family..........

should they be there............................................no

do I want them there ..........................................no

is the world a safer place because they are there...yes

we (the world) will be fighting them somewhere.....if they are blowing up their own country, it slows them down from attacking in America......911 I think about 24 Canadians died..

Afghanistan was a safe haven for Taliban and Al Qaeda, to plan attacks all over the world and we were/are on their list.....

the day we pull out, if the government isn't firmly in power terrorists will be back in control

I don't know if that part of the world can ever be stable, so it's troops over there or nuke em...

the lesser of 2 evils

thank you troops for putting your life on the line for people back home