Creek Salmon Run

idesign

come to the ****** river and wipe them all out . i hope not one of them gets to the spawning grounds.... there were lots of fish yesterday and today

Care to explain that one a little further?? You realize there is a natural population of chinooks in the tribs, right? Just askin....

I was down at bowmanville the other day with my kids. There is some construction happening upstream of the dam, and the water is silted up bigtime. We couldn't see a thing. No fisherman yet either.

S.

Care to explain that one a little further?? You realize there is a natural population of chinooks in the tribs, right? Just askin....

I was down at bowmanville the other day with my kids. There is some construction happening upstream of the dam, and the water is silted up bigtime. We couldn't see a thing. No fisherman yet either.

S.

natural reproduction of salmon mean destroyed reds for rainbows and eaten little ones in the spring... we should never every allowed them to be stocked in the ganaraska river

natural reproduction of salmon mean destroyed reds for rainbows and eaten little ones in the spring... we should never every allowed them to be stocked in the ganaraska river

That's incorrect.

1. Rainbows spawn in the spring. Salmon spawn in the fall. There is no competition for redds. Rainbow eggs hatch months before the salmon even show up.

2. Chinook salmon fry don't eat smaller rainbows when they're in the stream. They're way too small! Most go directly to the lake right after hatching, some when they're still absorbing the yolk sack.

Remember, rainbows and chinooks have got along perfectly well in Pacific coast streams for tens of thousands of years. If what you say is true, chinooks (and coho and pinks and sockeye and chum) would have completely wiped out Pacific steelhead back when humans still lived in caves.

Case in point my post above.

That giant bow was caught in a stream that currently has over 1.6 million salmon in it!!!!

Next yearis a pink year and there should be close to 7 million salmon in the river at this time of year. :w00t:

The fishing there is awesome because of one thing, yup, the salmon runs!!!! The bows get big scarfing down all them salmon eggs during the spawn. Without the salmon the rivers trout fishery would be just a shadow of what it is.

PS it's one of them west coast fisheries. :D

Please tell me it's not beginning... NOT YET FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(btw, I've got bulk marshmellows and earplugs for sale if anyone is interested)

Your too far for me to purchase the items, but im sure every pioneer along the lakeshore will be stocked up. Ear plugs I get for free anyway.

But like you said, for the love of god NOT YET!!!!!

Need to net a king in the boat. Not the shore

Most of the salmon have already moved up. Wait for the next big rain the give it a day to clear. The ganny is always a clusterbang so I avoid it. If you have a soft heart for ethics in angling, stay clear of tribs until October. Only fresh fish hit baits, and then it is limited to specific fly patterns. Snagging becomes 90% of how people fish for Salmon, and it is disgusting. Sure wish Mitch would camp out there over a busy weekend and actually catch some illegals. Here's to wishful thinking?

Most of the salmon have already moved up. Wait for the next big rain the give it a day to clear. The ganny is always a clusterbang so I avoid it. If you have a soft heart for ethics in angling, stay clear of tribs until October. Only fresh fish hit baits, and then it is limited to specific fly patterns. Snagging becomes 90% of how people fish for Salmon, and it is

disgusting. Sure wish Mitch would camp out there over a busy weekend and actually catch some illegals. Here's to wishful thinking?

Fly guys are just artistic flossers...

For chinnys in tribs that is

Fly guys are just artistic flossers...

For chinnys in tribs that is

I'm so glad that you decided to chime in with your expert opinion. Thanks! :sarcasm:

If I have a question about bolt cutters, I'll ask you.

Learn something about fly fishing fresh fish first. Trust me. It helps you come across like you know what you are talking about. Otherwise, I'll start advising my friends to pick up a 6' bass rod and target some muskie. Have a good night

I'm so glad that you decided to chime in with your expert opinion. Thanks! :sarcasm:

If I have a question about bolt cutters, I'll ask you.

Learn something about fly fishing fresh fish first. Trust me. It helps you come across like you know what you are talking about. Otherwise, I'll start advising my friends to pick up a 6' bass rod and target some muskie. Have a good night

It's just any fly guy Ive seen in 10 years fishing tribs are miles up targeting the blackest of the black... And I've watched them floss... It's easy to see it happen with fly line and your watching from a bridge...

But that's my opinion and I guess that might have been a dream I had one

night...

I thought seeing this happen for 10 years was "expert" enough... And when I researched "flossing" most of what I read said fly fisherman are doing tge same thing as everyone else... They just make it look pretty...

Edited by Musky Mike

It's just any fly guy Ive seen in 10 years fishing tribs are miles up targeting the blackest of the black... And I've watched them floss... It's easy to see it happen with fly line and your watching from a bridge...

But that's my opinion and I guess that might have been a dream I had one night...

Anyone fishing for those black boots way up river regardless of what they are using aren't fishing ethically. This is why I'm still targeting residents until the end of Sept when the craziness is close to being over.

I've called the MNR on more then one occasion when I see some city rube with a big 5 of Diamonds tied to the end of his line fishing in 3ft of water way up a local trib.

I'll target them off the piers and such when they are staging, etc... But I won't be hiking for those fish ever.