Bass Bass and more Bass....

ccmtcanada

Well, after getting home from Alberta on Thursday night, I headed to my cousin's cottage again for Friday evening. He was late getting there, so I made myself at home on the back deck overlooking the bay the cottage is on. I walked down to the dock and I saw a HUGE bass staring back at me! I ran to the car to get my fishing rod and started throwing all I had at that fish...but it wasn't interested enough to bite. It came out a few times...then slowly backed up. The sun was going down, so I just made a few casts from the dock and caught 3 from there.

07sunset.jpg

One from the dock...

01dockbass.jpg

The next morning we were up and on the water by 820ish. They were calling for rain on and off all day, but there was none to be seen. Historically I have sucked at bass fishing, but recently I have been working on fishing weightless and paying close attention to my line as my bait slowly drops. It's paid off, as I seem to be catching them now!

03bass.jpg

My cousin with a great 5.2 pounder!

05bass-1.jpg

Another one from the first day....

04bass-2.jpg

After having a great rib dinner and watching fishing shows and movies I headed to bed...completely exhausted.

We were up around 730ish Sunday morning...and as I enjoyed my coffee, the fog was clearing nicely....

06foggy.jpg

We were only out a few hours...it was pretty windy and a tough fish, but we managed to pull some nice ones from the weedbeds.

02bass.jpg

08bass.jpg

great report. I started weightless fishing about 20 years ago and have never gone back. You're right about watching the line! I'm often setting hooks before even feeling anything. A few days ago I posted my cottage for rent in the classifieds section and the bass shown in that thread were also all caught with some kind of weightless presentation. These are some real beauties you got into! Congrats

Edited by Rizzo

great report. I started weightless fishing about 20 years ago and have never gone back. You're right about watching the line! I'm often setting hooks before even feeling anything. A few days ago I posted my cottage for rent in the classifieds section and the bass shown in that thread were also all caught with some kind of weightless presentation. These are some real beauties you got into! Congrats

Rizzo...seeing your line suddenly speed up or change directions is pretty cool to see! On calm days it's much easier...will have to look into high visibility line for those choppy days on the water. Your cottage looks great btw!

There must be a run of `Holy Freakin Cows¨ out there !!!! Holy Freakin Coww00t.gif

You are too funny merc!

pink mixed worm with elastic bands?

Nice report! I definitely need to fish slower at times.

Those pink/brown ones and just straight black worked well!

When are you starting the tournament trail Cliff?? Some really nice fish there!! :thumbsup_anim:

Tournaments?? LOL.

Great stuff Cliff...you seem to be getting out a lot lately...or posting more...very happy for you thumbsup_anim.gif

It's so awesome going on line movement alone when you set the hook, and come up against a solid fish....good job on switching up and learning the tactic

Those are some beauty Bass, nice job!

Speaking of weightless baits......I suck with them. I have mainly tried senkos (weightless or w/ small weighted hook) and can't get a fish to bite. I think I'm missing alot of fish on the fall.

I have no confidence in them, and usually switch back to 7" berky power worm texas rigged (1/4 oz of bigger) depending on weeds & depth. I see tons of people using them and having success. I must be doing something wrong or have bricks for arms.

I like the high vis line idea.

Any tips would be apprciated. thanks