boat brand suggestions.

mattybculp

hey guys ,im looking at possibly buying a new or used boat. i have done some reasearch into some boats manufacuters ie crestliner,lund,legend etc. im looking for something in the 16 - 18 ft range and i would be happy if it pushes along at 30 mph. this will be my second boat i had a 17 ft princecraft before which i had to sell to go to school. anywhoo any advice good or bad on some aluminum deep hull boats would be much appreciated. just want to be as informed as possible . what kinda boats you guys driving or reccomend . they all claim to be the best . thanks for you input

hey guys ,im looking at possibly buying a new or used boat. i have done some reasearch into some boats manufacuters ie crestliner,lund,legend etc. im looking for something in the 16 - 18 ft range and i would be happy if it pushes along at 30 mph. this will be my second boat i had a 17 ft princecraft before which i had to sell to go to school. anywhoo any advice good or bad on some aluminum deep hull boats would be much appreciated. just want to be as informed as possible . what kinda boats you guys driving or reccomend . they all claim to be the best . thanks for you input

LUND

Lund, Alumacraft, Princecraft, Starcraft, Crestliner all build quality boats. IMO the layout of the boat that fits your needs is more important than the name of the builder on the side. Find one that fits your needs and where the price is right and go with that.

FWIW, I have a Crestliner and have been very happy with it, but I wouldn't hesitate to purchase some of the other brands I've listed either.

Good luck.

Edited by green&orange

While I have no report on these as far a quality and durability, as a Great lakes troller I think these are probably the best design I have seen, will fish like a boat longer than the actual length, integrated toe holds along the gunwales :clapping: , now why didn't some else come up wth that one long ago :whistling: The 17 footer looks awesome for its size

http://www.americananglerboats.com/boat-models.php?model=Osprey+162-172

Edited by dave524

I have a Smokercraft pro Tiller

It's caught so many fish there's a wanted poster of it in the post office

Or is it the operator :whistling:

Lund does make a very nice boat---but late 90's versions livewell systems were not as good as my Smokercraft---And I fished and witnessed this for myself out of many lunds which was the alum boat of choice in the north

Lund, Alumacraft, Princecraft, Starcraft, Crestliner all build quality boats. IMO the layout of the boat that fits your needs is more important than the name of the builder on the side. Find one that fits your needs and where the price is right and go with that.

FWIW, I have a Crestliner and have been very happy with it, but I wouldn't hesitate to purchase some of the other brands I've listed either.

Good luck.

x2 Find a boat design & layout that you are happy with and get it. If you are looking to flip it in a few years then resale value might be important to you as well. Good Luck.

The question about what boat should I buy, or motor, or truck or whatever comes up very frequentely around here and for the most part guys will say that what their using at the present time is the best there is, but 2 years from now when their using something different, that now becomes the best on the market.

Sorta like the TV hosts and their sponsors :lol::lol:

I bought an 18" Sylvan last year and have been very happy with it. I was very impressed with it's rough water handling and I can get into the mid 40's with a 115 opti. I picked the Sylvan more for the interior layout then anything else as well as a proven hull construction.

It depends what is important to you to pick what suits you.

Edited by Banger68