frying oil

skinny

i have been cheap and I also think I switched oil without noticing it. I think when I started iused no mame canola and now switched to vegetable.

Y know the oil you use will change the tase so looking for types and names

It'll depend on whether you're pan frying, deep frying etc... Aside from the taste, different oils burn at different temperatures. What do you want to do? You're going to need oils with high smoke points. Canola works as does peanut, safflower and sunflower.

I prefer to use a few bricks of all vegetable shortening rather than a liquid oil, just works better for me. It will set up when cool , find that convenient and better texture to fried foods.

smart idea

PURE LARD STRAIGHT FROM THE PIG'S :asshat:

I always use my Turkey Pot for deepfrying ... and the lard is way better in my opinion... end result is a less greasy and crispier

fillet or wing or whatever... more costly than conventional oil

but lasts longer well worth the extra $.

Randy

:canadian:

:rofl2::lol:

Let me ask my wife. I don't know where the kitchen is.

:rofl2:

Iv'e had fries done in peanut oil before, fantastic! Some things at home we use a mixture of canola with olive oil and for fish usually canola but only because there is no other oil in the house. For fried eggs though there is nothing better than frying them in a little bit of bacon grease from the 1/2 dozen strips cooked in a separate frying pan.

Canola all the way...if you are going to deep fry on a regular basis it's the best for your heart and health....otherwise if you only do it a few times a year, lard would be ok..........

My mother in-law tried to convince me to use Coconut Butter fom pan frying.. Still have 3/4 jar in the cupboard. It tastes great, but the breading sucks up all the oil, and you have keep loading up the pan. Expensive too, you can only by it in the health food section.

She told me it was a healthier way to cook, but you end up eating so much oil because it all gets soaked up in the breading.

I generally use Canola oil. But have used several different types (veggie, and peanut) and I can't really taste that much of a difference.

I agree with you guys about using LARD.....BEST TASTING for deep frying..but not good for the rest of the body..

Remember years ago, going to the county fair and getting those delicious Freedom Fries....and now they just don't taste as good....reason...they no longer use LARD.....if I'm going to do a shore lunch I bring a brick of LARD because it's so much easier to work with then bottles of oil.

Bob

ok I keep hearing lard and i'm sure it's great but bad isn't everything anyone mixing lard and ????

might try the penut oil thing too

The reason not to use LARD is it's plain old pig FAT....so mixing it with anything will only kill the taste somewhat while still getting all the bad stuff associated with LARD...if you're going to use LARD...then just use it occasionally and enjoy the special treat.

I use canola, veg and bacon grease. Just depends on my mood/whats available.

I love olive oil for other applications, but burns at a low temp and isn't good for frying fish.

I once cooked some walleye in just pure butter, and man was it tasty. Big time pain in the but for doing up more than a few pieces though. Had to rewash the pan after each batch.