Sad news

Garry2Rs

Oh my gosh. When I read R.I.P. John F, I instantly felt sick. I have never met John but last summer when I was taking my Real Estate course he pm'd me and offered to help out in any way he could. He mentored me throughout the course even when he was so busy running his Brokerage and flying around the province teaching Real Estate courses.

I bombarded him with questions and he always got back to me the same day. He would ask me when my exam dates were and on those dates early in the morning I always got an e-mail from him saying your well prepared Mike so go ace that sucker...good luck. As each exam went by he was as happy for me as I was for myself.

When I finally passed my final,I told him my high marks were all because of him and I was so grateful for what he had done for me....a complete stranger at that. I promised him that I was going to get him out in the bassboat for some awesome largemouth fishing this summer to thank him.

I still have every email he sent me and refer to them often. They will always stay in my mailbox. Just last week I was wondering why I haven't seen John on the board lately and was going to send him a quick note to say hi and let him know everything is going great in my new career. I know he would of loved to hear that. My condolences go out to his family and friends at this terribly sad time. Rest In Peace John Francis, my friend I never got to meet.

Our last fish caught together... A memory and story I will tell for years!

DSCF3306.jpg

Ryan

Great shot Ryan. An original man he was, I love the golf glove. Actually, that may make a good trophy in his memory. The Golf Glove award/trophy at some OFC event or G2G... I dunno, just a thought.

Edited by Harrison

Last night I forwarded a link from this thread to John's wife. This morning I received this reply.

I thought that you-guys might like to share it too.

Garry2R's

Garry

Thank you so much for sharing this with me ... I'll pass it on to our son Matt too. I never quite understood the whole OFC thing except that I know John truly treasured the friendships he made and enjoyed the sharing of great 'fish' stories and solving all the 'world's problems' big or small.

We know John touched the lives of many many people over the years and will remain in their hearts and thoughts for years to come.

Thanks again Garry. Think of John often when you're out on the lake searching for that perfect catch!

Wendy

Talk about being blindsided!! My sincerest condolences go out to his family and close friends. John helped numerous people here on the board with their real estate transactions. He was generous with his wealth of knowledge. Not too many people out there like that, helping out pretty much complete strangers. You will be missed by those whose lives you have touched.

Tightlines up there John.

Great shot Ryan. An original man he was, I love the golf glove. Actually, that may make a good trophy in his memory. The Golf Glove award/trophy at some OFC event or G2G... I dunno, just a thought.

I like the idea! John was a great supporter of the Fish-a-Thon and was THE FIRST one actually to make a major pledge ( anonymously ) of $100 to the first event put on a few years ago. That pledge got the ball rolling and quickly led to more folks making donations. I'm going to talk to the gang and take it from there!

Once again - we'll miss you buddy! I'll bet wherever you are now they have more cumfy seats than the ones in my boat! :lol: ( funny memories )

Rest peacefully and with the excitement of big fish!

My condolences to John's family and many friends. I had the pleasure of meeting John a few years ago and sharing some fishing and car talk, a rare man indeed and will most certainly will be missed! Rest in peace John and may all that you shared to others be returned to your family 10 fold.

I always wanted to meet and fish with JohnF - our back and forth banter was a highlight for me of OFC. I am saddened to learn that there will be no more of that. My deepest condolences go to his family and close friends. Rest very easy, John - you did well.

Made a post some years back, asked for tips on places to wade with small kids - he was kind enough to PM and google map out some nice calms spots on the Thames - we went we caught - very helpful. Life is temporary. Wow.

• 4 weeks later...

I am so surprised and saddened.

I don't know how I missed this but I obviously did and I was a little ticked off reading it because my reaction was more to the announcement that here we are now May 12th and only hearing about John's passing that happened on April 16th. Of course it was me who didn't quite put it together.

I remember posting a few years back and John was fairly new to the board....I had a question regarding a vasectomy....John was sure comical in his replies....boy was he gettin worked up thinking about it. :-) The post was deleted at my request partly because of John. :-)

Rest in Peace John and to his family - my sincere condolences.

This is indeed horrible news. He will be missed by many. A very sad day. I always enjoyed reading his posts. He had a knack for bring a certain reality to many disagreements between members. Although I never met him in person, I sure wish I would have.