Sad news

Garry2Rs

Like everyone here who knew him, I too am stunned and saddened.

It's not only a loss to us here but to the world as a whole, John was a one in a million guy.

Top drawer all the way!

My sincerest condolences to his family, friends and all who he has touched with his kindness.

Wow.. this is sad news. John has helped me more then one with real estate issues etc..

He is one good guy and OFC has lost a fantastic member. He will be sorely missed.

I remember in March when he posted this in the classified section..

"Dealing with some health issues that will keep me close to home this summer. Hopefully I'll get out to the carp swim you tried and catch your mirror carp again. I think wading the creeks will be a tad strenuous for me so I'm limited to shore fishing unfortunately."

Little did anyone know the true severity of his health issues....

Rest in peace John.

G.

Not a grumble.. not a word on the board. Stand up right to the end.

Glad to have known John and to have shared knowledge with him on the board and via PM.

More importantly to me, to have been trusted to share in his private fight with him over the last few months as he offered Leah and I some words of wisdom while battling his own fight. Honoured and humbled at the same time.

Fish On John !

:Gonefishing:

I may not post as much as the rest of you, but I am on here everyday...... I am shocked and very sad to here this news.

John may you rest in peace :angel: .......you will truly be missed

My condolences and prayers to his family during this hard time

Sandro

Terrible news...my sympathies to his family and friends.

No less than two months ago, we exchanged information on bands. His son was in a band called "frontier index" and posted a song of theirs on the "what are you listening to" thread. He was kind enough to ship me a CD at no cost!!! I'll be reading his PM's again with posthumous humility.

Search for "frontier index, ain't hurting" on youtube.com.

R.I.P John

Aww shoot that is some really bad news in my book. I have looked forward to meeting John some day and have no idea he was ill. I wish the best to your family John and if they are in need I am sure we all here at OFC would be happy to repay the many debt's we owe John for his kindness and knowledge he gave so freely.

Art