Record musky questioned

tonka-toy

yeah

I wish there was no need for records of who gets the big fish..then there would be no lies

but there is so lets catch the guys trying to commit fraud and take away their records

or make it even harder to get a record.......

Edited by Terry®

If you were to luck into a record muskie, you'd be wise to let her slip back down to the depths. Sure take a pic and measure if you can but let her go. Unless you really need the notoriety and the few dollars, it really is not worth it. Regardless of how honest you were, from that time on, your integrity would be questioned forever.

It's like any other sport or pastime, as soon as money/greed enter the equation, it's dead.

Pictures of them record size fish sort of shoots the old adage " a picture is worth a thousand words " dead in the azz. A picture now seems to start a million questions.

I was always able to find better things to do with my time than worry about people believing my fish stories! :clapping: Maybe they will require the fish to produce a birth certificate?

Even before opening up this thread I wondered if all these records are worth it...

Roy, I REALLY see your point....my old fishing partner's father had a saying when anyone started to brag about the fish he "may" have caught and it went something like this "All fishermen are liars except You and Me and I have my doubts about You"....great line to use when the bull is flying. smile.gif

yeah

I wish there was no need for records of who gets the big fish..then there would be no lies

Maybe this has something to do wit it? This is from my grandpa's place. He was not a drinker and this cup held toothpicks.

It is called the Fisherman's Nite Cap

CIMG2202.jpg

CIMG2200.jpg

Edited by Nipfisher

I know it's been said before, but it would be pretty hard to budge that fish on 8lb mono and pretty lucky not to get bitten off with a 4" rapala

A buddy hooked what we assumed was a sturgeon on the French, with 10lb mono all he could do was slowly bring the fish up off bottom and then watch as it slowly peeled line for awhile only to settle back down on bottom, he had to give up after an hour and a half and 2 liters of blood gone to the mosquitos

"Some of the Muskie boards are abuzz with a challenge of the canadian record fish."

And the challenge will go something like this.

In this picture this fish looks way smaller then this other picture of this fish. So the one with the best picture wins.

Nice work. :sarcasm:

Guest gbfisher

There's a lot more to it than any fish picture will tell.

Finally someone may have let the cat out of the bag and put this story to rest.

A lot of people should be ashamed. Lots have been fooled.

There's a lot more to it than any fish picture will tell.

Finally someone may have let the cat out of the bag and put this story to rest.

A lot of people should be ashamed. Lots have been fooled.

That's exactly it. There are facts in most of these stories that have never been told, shown or proven in public. Just keep an open mind without criticizing the current record holders 'til some of these stories get debunked. Personally, aside from my curiosity, I have no stake in the outcome nor do I care.

Personally, aside from my curiosity, I have no stake in the outcome nor do I care.

I can't agree more no matter what kind of record fish it may or may not be....

Bottom line if I didn't catch it, it doesn't matter to me...and perch taste better anyways.. :D