So, this is springtime ??

lew

It's 45 degrees here this morning....I think it was Thursday we had 65 degrees and lots of sunshine......the wife and I sat on the back deck drinking beer and toking on a stogie..... :D

Hoping 7-10 days to be crappie fishing on Chautauqua Lake... :thumbsup_anim:

It's 45 degrees here this morning....I think it was Thursday we had 65 degrees and lots of sunshine......the wife and I sat on the back deck drinking beer and toking on a stogie..... :D

Hoping 7-10 days to be crappie fishing on Chautauqua Lake... :thumbsup_anim:

Sounds like a good time BB!

HH

Yes Lew, Canada tends to like throwing in those snow days in Spring. Heck you're not even safe in May sometimes :o

:lol:

I believe this was May 14th 2009 waiting out a snow storm in Balmertown to fly into Little Vermilion

LV2009012.jpg

The day after

LV2009015.jpg

One of the best catching trips ever

Everyone gets a spring in their step around this time of the year, when a few warm ones tease us. I remember a few years back hooking up the boat and heading up to a buddies for opening trout in the Bancroft area. We got there on the Friday night and slept in a Volkswagon Westvalia, woke up to snow on the ground and thought we would wait it out. Well, the snow didn't stop until there was about 6" on the road. We decided to pack up and head home, but probably should have stayed. It was the worst white knuckle drive I ever had, trying to tow the boat with a Cutlass on unplowed roads, while my buddy followed in his Westvalia. We were both all over the roads until we hit the Apsley area and things had turned to rain.

This Canadian weather gets you when you least expect it! That's what makes this a great country :-)

I white-knuckled it down to Peterboro this morning at 08:30 am and most rivers and creeks were open and flowing but Pigeon, Buckhorn and Upper Chemong lakes were ice bound...doubt we will be boating on April 01 like last year...sad.gif