Interesting gas prices

lew

With all the oil fields in Canada and it's need to build it's population you would think a max of $2 per gallon and many would flock to Canada to live and work.

See, Bob...it goes like this...here in Canada we constantly vote in governments that screw over the people. Doesn't matter what party, Liberal, PC, NDP, they all do it. We could be self sufficient in our gas, but, we sell it THEN buy it back (last time I checked anyways).

I love being a Canadian, but, I have no respect for our governments, and, the way we get "hosed" over and over. :(

Same old same old. Prices jack with every middle east crisis. Has been since the 70's

As for the disparity tween US and Canada prices. Answer is really simple. Canadians have become spineless toads. They make noise and then go into hiding.

Edited by bigugli

We don't sell our oil and buy it back. We HAVE To ship our oil to the US, it's part of the NAFTA agreement we signed. We have to distribute our oil/gas equally with the states and their demand is higher than ours so they get more. Most of the remaining oil stays on the West side of Canada as we don't have pipelines to get it to the East. 40% or more of Ontario's oil is imported (Not from the States last I checked). We certainly have more than enough of oil for all of Canada but there are no energy plans in place here to utilize it.

See, Bob...it goes like this...here in Canada we constantly vote in governments that screw over the people. Doesn't matter what party, Liberal, PC, NDP, they all do it. We could be self sufficient in our gas, but, we sell it THEN buy it back (last time I checked anyways).

I love being a Canadian, but, I have no respect for our governments, and, the way we get "hosed" over and over. :(

So no different then down here except we are still blaming Bush for everything...LOL

We built a pipe line in Alaska that was going to solve all our oil problems and then sell the stuff to Japan.......Bush's fault...LOL

BTW....thanks for all your black gold....keep sending it as I would much rather have my green backs heading to the Great White North then to the hell hole they call the Middle East. B)

So no different then down here except we are still blaming Bush for everything...LOL

We built a pipe line in Alaska that was going to solve all our oil problems and then sell the stuff to Japan.......Bush's fault...LOL

BTW....thanks for all your black gold....keep sending it as I would much rather have my green backs heading to the Great White North then to the hell hole they call the Middle East. cool.gif

thumbsup_anim.gif YA MAN !!! Only problem is yours are worth less than oursrofl2.gifrofl2.gif

And you can buy or prescription drugs cheaper than we can! On the bright side? we pay about half what they pay in Europe for gas.

I was watching the Toronto news this morning and they mentioned that because of the recent troubles in the Middle East, gas prices have risen about 6 cents a litre in Toronto in the last couple days .

That's about 27 cents a gallon.

I then switched to an American channel and they said that because of the same troubles in the Middle East gas prices in the States have risen, on average, about 8 cents per gallon.

Not true Lew, locally it went up .24 a gallon over night.

I hope that makes ya feel better :whistling::D

Misty probably figures he getting a deal right about now :whistling:

Edited by Whopper

Ridiculous... just what we need when coming out of a recession, it's really going to hurt the tourism up north. Well either way I will still be going up to Temagami for my honeymoon regardless of the price.

Be sure to bring everything you need.. as recession.. people spending their money elsewhere and HIGH property taxes have closed just about everything but the LCBO ! No Grocery store.. no tackle shop as Jim has closed for good. If you need a fishing licence be sure to stop back at Angus Lake at Gramps to get one.. Mind you, do you plan to do any fishing? LOL

A Canadian gallon is only about 20% bigger than an American gallon but our increase is about 3 1/2 times more.

That's what we get for living in the true north strong and free....oh yeah, when does the free start?

Considered myself lucky last night. Twice actually. After finding out my son was rushed to ER late yesterday afternoon I found out he was OK...they think. Then filled the tank up for $1.14 litre at the Woodward Av., Hamilton Pioneer. All the others were 1.21 - 1.22, even the Pioneer a few blocks from that one was over a buck 21.

Ridiculous... just what we need when coming out of a recession, it's really going to hurt the tourism up north. Well either way I will still be going up to Temagami for my honeymoon regardless of the price.

Now there as true outdoorsman going to Temagami for a honeymoon! :canadian:

If I would have suggested that to my wife there may not have been a honeymoon! :stretcher: