Weird and rare catches

Drock6687

Oh ya, forgot about this. Last summer fishing between 2 islands in the St Lawerence.Hauled up a huge bundle of cables(electrical or connunicationsdunno.gif ) using 80lb Power pro.It musta been 5 inches in diameter, and was still conected somewherewhistling.gif so i cut my line and it sank back outta site. I dont fish there anymoredunno.gif

My buddy had a pike on in about 6-7' feet of water, he used his lap grabber to land it, but the fish thrashed next to the boat and got away. However, it took the lip grabber with it! (He didn't have the loop around his wrist). It was in very still water, anyway he looked down and saw the pike dormant right below the boat. He attached a heavy jig and carefully lowered his line and managed to snag the rope of the lip grabber. He successfully relanded the pike with the lip grabber in it's mouth lol! There's a pic somewhere with it as well, pretty cool story.

Fishing for walleye one night about 20 years ago something wacked my jig just as I was about to lift it out of the water. I thought it was a catfish about 2 feet long. I grabbed it near the head and I could feel legs on it. It was a a big salamander with legs and big gills on the side of the head. Freaked me out.

muddler

Okay, this was one I hope to never repeat.

Deep water ice fishing on Georgian Bay for Whitefish. Weather was windy and brutally cold with blowing snow and intermitent squalls. But my buddy and I persisted with our fishing efforts, after all we drove for over 2 hours to get there for a days fishing. After a few moves my buddy connects with the first fish and after a spirited battle a big whitey is flopping on the ice. "Beauty" I says, pumped and ready to nail one for myself. Lines back down and I'm working my bait slow and steady, my buddy pipes up "fish on".....another big whitey on the ice! Now I'm really stoked as I know it's only a matter of time and I'll be connected.

Well the story continues in my buddies favour, more whities and a few small lakers, I'm fishless, cold and pissed off! But I persisit.

A change of baits and down goes a small light silver spoon into 100 feet of cold Georgian Bay blue. Jig, jig, pause, jig "BAMN" fish on! My spirits lifted, the the chills subside as adrenalin fuels me but something ain't right, it ain't fighting like a whitey nor a laker, I'm thinking big ling but hoping I'm wrong. Coming up steady but without battle, up, up and up, finally the head comes into the hole and I can see my lure tucked firmly into the top jaw of a big ole ling, Bah! Spirit deflated my buddy laughing I haul it onto the ice. That's when it really went sour, my buddy is on the ice howling, I'm just standing there dumbfounded! My spoon as I said is firmly locked into it's upper jaw, it's length would suggest a fish of over 8lbs, but it lays there motionless. Why, because this particular ling has been caught already and had the fillets removed! I had just legally landed a dead filletless fish.....

It was to be my only fish of the day..... jerry.gif

Okay, this was one I hope to never repeat.

Deep water ice fishing on Georgian Bay for Whitefish. Weather was windy and brutally cold with blowing snow and intermitent squalls. But my buddy and I persisted with our fishing efforts, after all we drove for over 2 hours to get there for a days fishing. After a few moves my buddy connects with the first fish and after a spirited battle a big whitey is flopping on the ice. "Beauty" I says, pumped and ready to nail one for myself. Lines back down and I'm working my bait slow and steady, my buddy pipes up "fish on".....another big whitey on the ice! Now I'm really stoked as I know it's only a matter of time and I'll be connected.

Well the story continues in my buddies favour, more whities and a few small lakers, I'm fishless, cold and pissed off! But I persisit.

A change of baits and down goes a small light silver spoon into 100 feet of cold Georgian Bay blue. Jig, jig, pause, jig "BAMN" fish on! My spirits lifted, the chills subside as adrenalin fuels me but something ain't right, it ain't fighting like a whitey nor a laker, I'm thinking big ling but hoping I'm wrong. Coming up steady but without battle, up, up and up, finally the head comes into the hole and I can see my lure tucked firmly into the top jaw of a big ole ling, Bah! Spirit deflated my buddy laughing I haul it onto the ice. That's when it really went sour, my buddy is on the ice howling, I'm just standing there dumbfounded! My spoon as I said is firmly locked into it's upper jaw, it's length would suggest a fish of over 8lbs, but it lays there motionless. Why, because this particular ling has been caught already and had the fillets removed! I had just legally landed a dead filletless fish.....

It was to be my only fish of the day..... jerry.gif

Great story thumbsup_anim.gif I bet your buddy still brings that up everytime you fish together too. After all what are friends for rolleyes.gif

#1 ..I had something on my line that felt heavy when reeled and pulsated when I dropped the tip and reeled in the slack, my buddy grabbed the net and it turned out to be a CONDOM filing up with water and deflating.

#2 Tennis racket.

#3 Cell Phone ( Ice Fishing)

#4 Prescription Glasses ( Ice Fishing )

#5 Poulan Chainsaw

#6 Bicycle

#7 Snowmobile Helmet

#8 "Crabby Joe's" baseball cap

#9 Shimano Ax300 combo.

#10... BBQ Lid & Thermometer + wire brush.

#11...a shoe

#12... small prop.

#13 ... blue tarp

#14.. I even caught a fish once! :thumbsup_anim:

RFS

:canadian:

a seagul on a soft plastic jerkbait, another on a topwater popper. a goose on a spinnerbait. a cormorant on a crankbait, 2 massive snapping turtles, a folding lawnchair, steel drum, half of aa old fishng rod, keys, sunglasses and a camera a guy dropped off the dock lol, so i got them for him.

only rare fish was a big mouth buffalo a couple years ago.

Fishing for walleye one night about 20 years ago something wacked my jig just as I was about to lift it out of the water. I thought it was a catfish about 2 feet long. I grabbed it near the head and I could feel legs on it. It was a a big salamander with legs and big gills on the side of the head. Freaked me out.

muddler

Muddler that was a mud puppy you caught did it look like this

IMG_2267.jpg

Sorry for the corpse pic only pic I have of a mudpuppy and that one was huge .

My weird catch was a 22" Black Pacu someone dumped into a pond that thing fought hard and was mean looking.