Wal Mart or Canadian Tire?

Shaun Rickard

Sponsered by CTC Dave...

Ah. I get it. I was just curious. I like to know these things. I hate to feel like a fool when I find out that I have been in a coversation where the other participant had motivation that I was unaware of. I like things on the up and up. This is a minor infraction, no biggy. And besides, I love CTC. I roam around the place for hours.

I have to vote Can. Tire too but MAN-O-MAN they need to do something on price. Walmart get's my cash before CTC does if they both have the item I'm looking for.

Rather go to Gagnon's and get what I need at a better price then my local CTC's...

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

In ontario I find Canadian Tire has the best selection/quality but if I cross the border into Sault, Michigan they have a pretty decent outdoors section.

Used to be that Canadian Tire was a "Walmart" of its day, back say in the 60's and 70's.

Now they're more like SEARS, you only get a decent buy (price-wise) when things are on sale.

The CTC in North Bay out-does the Walmart in selection, but not in price, I've found.

CTC Always has a better selection and usually where I go. I only check walmart if I've been dragged there by my wife. No disrespect to anyone here but I can't stand half of walmart's customers.

Then again when I checkout and spend $40 for a handful of lures I start realize I'm a sucker.

No disrespect to anyone here but I can't stand half of walmart's customers.

What about the other half?

Have you been browsing that site that posts pictures of some of the losers that shop at Walmart? We're not all like that. :D

For the record Shaun,

I despise CT for what it is now compared to what it used to be. A Canadian icon. Now it is pretty much on the same level as a dollar store.

If this 'survey' turns out to have any ties to CTC or a sponsorship, I will be most disappointed and offended.

Hope that's not the case, but maybe you should clarify :whistling:

I will apologize in advance if you find this personally offensive. But I will not apologize for the level of service and warranty denials and pricing rip offs that I have been subjected to at Canadian Tire.

My 2 cents

Regrds,

Pikeslayer

BTW, I pass 3 CT stores + 2 WM on my way to leBarons & Shortwave Marine.

Edited by pikeslayer

the Port Perry CTC store is great for selection. again, they need to price shop and get in line (all CTC stores) with the other retailers out there.

sorry CTC folks that work there and are on here. maybe they/you can put a bug in an ear or two to smarten up? :unsure:

Here in Pembroke, crappy has the better selection but wally world has the best prices. Walley world has a lot of junk and few things I am interested in. Crappy Tire's prices are an absolute rip off. For the buying power they have they sure are not passing it on to the customer.

I spend my money at the local bass shops who have what I want, and their prices are at least 25% less than Crappy. You know your getting screwed by Crappy when the little independent with 500 sq ft of retail space can beat their prices by that much.

And I love them little shops that are stuffed to the roof with good tackle and gear and the owners really appreciate your business.

Canadian Tire by far. It is a little more expensive than Walmart, but to me the difference doesn't compare to the ability to one-stop shop there.

I also disagree with Pigeontroller -- the CTC i shop at has a lot of top tier stuff. Its not Lebaron, but its pretty good.

Why not support an independent while there are still some left?

We did have an independant but it is very hard to support them when they are gouging.

I did spend a lot of my hard earned $$$ with them though.

They were 100% more expensive than comparable stores south of here.

I'm sorry but there's no way I'm spending $1100 for an ice auger just to support the little guy!!!! <_<

Especially when I can get one for under $400 elsewhere.

I did buy maps, bait and some tackle there though.

For some reason they went out of business. :unsure:

Just sayin' ;)

Crappy Tire, oh sorry you did say to spell it out. All right then...Canadian Tire.

I believe Walmart gave it a good shot way back in the beginning when they first enered Canada but they started cutting back and back and still further back till they got to the point of only stocking the biggest selling items. Typical big box store, carry just the high volume fast moving crap. You can always tell what they are getting rid of for good, clearout pricing is the hint. I bought a bunch of meps at Wallyworld one fall day dirt cheap years ago , they never brought them back in after that so it now means a trip to Bass Pro or LeBaron's to stock up.

The only money I give to CTC for fishing lures is usually Canadian Tire Money. Would rather add items to my tacklewarehouse or basspro cart as I need them and get them for a much cheaper price. I find that depending on the item, CTC is anywhere from 25-50% more expensive.

Edited by Phranchise