Wal Mart or Canadian Tire?

Shaun Rickard

Canadian Tire is overpriced.

Walmart is understocked.

Support your local B & T if you canthumbsup_anim.gif

Agreed on the frst 2 100000%

the support local tackle stores is important too, however i do get ticked with a certain one when the prices are just ridiculous...latest case in point...those new Northland minnows ...the guy is asking $9 plus tax??!!!??

So I guess the lesson from this thread is for Canadian Tire to stock stuff that Walmart doesn't stock. Then they can charge more than Walmart would on those items, but maybe a little less than small independents.

Of course if you want personal service from someone who knows the stock they're selling, you generally won't get it from either of the big stores.

Canadian Tire,or my local tackle Shop. Not many Canadian places left. Why support the other. The only thing with Canadian tire is they should have a guy in there fishing department that knows about fishing and what people want in the area. Some stuff I see on there shelves, I just scratch my head. :dunno:

For the record Shaun,

I despise CT for what it is now compared to what it used to be. A Canadian icon. Now it is pretty much on the same level as a dollar store.

If this 'survey' turns out to have any ties to CTC or a sponsorship, I will be most disappointed and offended.

Hope that's not the case, but maybe you should clarify :whistling:

I will apologize in advance if you find this personally offensive. But I will not apologize for the level of service and warranty denials and pricing rip offs that I have been subjected to at Canadian Tire.

My 2 cents

Regrds,

Pikeslayer

BTW, I pass 3 CT stores + 2 WM on my way to leBarons & Shortwave Marine.

Just to clarify Pikeslayer, there is nothing underhanded going here I assure you. We were having a discussion here in the office, and the general consensus was that out of the 2 big box stores CT has a far better selection, but not necessarily the better price, pretty much along the lines of what many have stated here. We simply were curious and wanted to get an outside opinion from others accross the Province. I live in Pickering and we have a CT and Wal Mart here, however as you know some of the rural stores are very different, and offer much more selection than the urban locations. If you're not comfortable posting maybe just skip past the thread.

Thanka again to all who posted!

Cheers,

Shaun

CT in Barrie for sure.

Having said that, I was at walmart yesterday and was snooping through some opened boxes of new stock and they had 3 new suffix lines including a fuse, some nice square billed rapala cranks and some cool new spoons. They had 3 packs of big Os for $15 and 3 packs of Walleye divers for $15 as well.

I used to work at the old CTC in barrie on Bayfied st when it was 2 levels. The upstairs had a pretty big and well stocked fishing and hunting section. We used to sell loads of guns as well, but that 24 years ago.

I used to work at the old CTC in barrie on Bayfied st when it was 2 levels. The upstairs had a pretty big and well stocked fishing and hunting section. We used to sell loads of guns as well, but that 24 years ago.

Ya that store rocked back then Chris.Great selection. :worthy:

As for the

WM? too many low quality fishing stuffs.

Not sure what your store has,but the one here carries alot of brand name lurers,plastics and rods and reels. Their icefishing selection (lures) isnt the greatest,but I wouldnt call HT or Ugly stick ice rods and reels low quality. :dunno:

Canadian tire has a MUCH better selection in my area...as in 10x the selection.

But what little Walmart does carry is generally 10% cheaper or more.

The same goes for camping supplies, but hunting equipment is not only cheaper but its more plentifull at Walmart....go figure?

neither store. chinese crap. i support independent stores for selection. they carry regional quality products.

I think all stores carry products made in China outlaw, in fact many of the lures, rods and reels etc. you purchase from the big names such as Berkley, Shimano and Rapala are manufactured in China. Sign of the times, you can't really get away from it wherever you shop.... just my 2 cents :blahblah1: