BoQ walleye from Saturday

kickingfrog

Up a 3am. On the road with my brother by 4am. Meet our buddy at 7am. Holes drilled and lines in the water by 7:30am.

Nice fresh morning:

DSCF0592.jpg

Moved around the first spot, only marked a few fish, and my brother was the only one to hook-up before lunch:

DSCF0594.jpg

Headed in to a small town dinner in Desironto ($45 that the town of Innisfil will never see, plus 2 tanks of gas and gatoraid $140) and stoked the furnace for the afternoon.

Lunch for 3 guys, and I'm the smallest one by at least 80lbs:

onion rings, burger and fries, poutine, toasted western omelette with extra toast and sausage, 2 bowls of potato soup and fish and chips.

Head out to our buddies second spot, and we're fishing by 2pm.

Set up a special tip-up at afternoon location.

DSCF0595.jpg

Although set lines produced no fish for us.

Mark a lot more fish but can't get them to commit until I switch to a jigging rap after 4pm. First fish that shows after switching I stop jiggin', pause and then give it a quiver and BAM. Nice solid fish.

DSCF0597.jpg

DSCF0599.jpg

20 minutes later I got 2 more walleye around 2lbs and that was it except for some perch.

Long drive back to Barrie in a snow storm. in bed by midnight.

Wow, long day & cold too!

Nice lookin' eye there! :thumbsup_anim:

Going in the frying pan or swimming another day?

The "big" one went right back down the hole that's way I didn't get a messure or a weight, although I should have at least eye balled it against the rod which is 32 inches. :wallbash:

The 2 smaller fish and a couple of perch were eaten today for lunch. My wife and our 2 year old son may like fresh fish even more than me.

Great report, fish and pics Rob :thumbsup_anim::clapping:B)

I thought I had recognized that set line :whistling::good:

Great to see that you are putting it to good use :)

Very nice walleye on the last pic :worthy:

Thanks for sharing

Jacques

They'll get some more use soon. :Gonefishing:

Big day, big fish, big lunch....who needs sleep?

Me, that's who.

.... They'll get some more use soon. :Gonefishing: ......

Awesome Dude B)

Rob, just an observation, next time make sure you have the spool pointing down ward.... meaning the top should be flipped :) Just like in the next pic

IMGP2156.jpg

Edited by Leechman

Nice report man!

I've always wanted to try the one day trip from barrie to quinte. After reading this report, I think I'll make it a weekend event!

Thanks for sharing!

I have a buddy whose inlaws have a cottage right above the ferry outside of Picton. Next trip, I'm going to check for avaliblity :sleeping_02:

good report!! I did a day trip to quinte once...now i make a weekeend trip... body gets killed

anyone every catch on still lines at quinte... in the 4 trips ive made over the past 2 years my group has never got anything unless we were jiggin..

Now you tell me. ;)

Sounds like a nice outing Rob I would love to see the pictures but all I get recently is these stupid red XXXXXXX`s on some pictures not all!

I'll bring a slide show for our fly-in in September. :lol: