Officer Killed in the Line of Duty

sad part is, the killer is still alive

Yup. I wonder how long before something happens to him :unsure:

My sincerest condolences go out to the slain officer's loved ones too.

Sgt. Ryan Russell, Toronto Metropolitan Police Service, Ontario, EOW: 1-12-2011

Edited by GBW

SIGH........sad.gif

What a pity, Can't imagine what it would be like to put my life on the line everyday. i guess love of your fellow man plays a big part in the decission.My condolances to the familly and his entourage of courageous brothers on the force.

Paul

Half Mast Albert.. and glad to see the respect.

The whole thing is obscure...

It's actually either. The Americans use the term Half Staff, as in this link re: Arizona.

http://www.google.ca...Q7mGS2w&cad=rja

My condolences to the officers family. With several peace officers in the family, news likes this always hits home.

Edited by Old Man

Sad new indeed

Locally here on New Year's day a women sheriff lost her life by a gun shot to he head while on duty, the funeral was held at a church that held over 3000 people and they still didn't have enough room. There was police officers from all over the US and Canada that showed up to pay their respect

It's actually either. The Americans use the term Half Staff, as in this link re: Arizona.

http://www.google.ca...Q7mGS2w&cad=rja

My condolences to the officers family. With several peace officers in the family, news likes this always hits home.

Exactly Old Man.. "staff" is an American term and it gets my fur up everytime an Canadian news caster uses it... but I don't want to take this thread off track...

Today is a painful reminder that I have to hug my daughters and kiss my wife before I leave for work because I don't know if I will be coming home again.

Heroes in life, not death....

My condolences to the officer's family

This tragic event is so unnecessary - and Dave - very wise words especially for those who put themselves in harms way, but also for all of us as we go about our daily lives, because it could happen anytime to anyone - you never know when it will be the last time.