Police question?

bassmaster4

If he is on his own property, then he can be a sloshed as he wants and drive any vehicle. Provided he is on private property. That is my understanding, correct me if I am wrong.

i believe you wrong ...DUI isnt a traffic act ...its a federal offense

"How do you figure the doughnut stereotype started?"

Do any of you know where it started?

It actually started because many donugt shops were the only places open late at night and they were cash businesses.

They were often targeted by guys knowing they could grab some cash and get away quickly so many of the coffee/donut shop owners started offering the cops free coffee and donuts so they would come around more often durring their night shift. Once that started the number of roberies dropped dramatically.

The tradition lives on to this day!

Now, why don't we start a thread to bash lawyers or politicians? What about Snaggers or people that take OS fish or over their limit(oh wait they are fisher persons too aren't they so if a few bad cops mean most of them are bad it only stands to reason that most fisher persons must be bad because a few break the law). Sorry, I don't see the logic in that attitude!

If he is on his own property, then he can be a sloshed as he wants and drive any vehicle. Provided he is on private property. That is my understanding, correct me if I am wrong.

You are wrong. It falls under the Criminal Code of Canada, and operation of any machinery while impaired anywhere is illegal.

"How do you figure the doughnut stereotype started?"

Do any of you know where it started?

It actually started because many donugt shops were the only places open late at night and they were cash businesses.

They were often targeted by guys knowing they could grab some cash and get away quickly so many of the coffee/donut shop owners started offering the cops free coffee and donuts so they would come around more often durring their night shift. Once that started the number of roberies dropped dramatically.

The tradition lives on to this day!

Now, why don't we start a thread to bash lawyers or politicians? What about Snaggers or people that take OS fish or over their limit(oh wait they are fisher persons too aren't they so if a few bad cops mean most of them are bad it only stands to reason that most fisher persons must be bad because a few break the law). Sorry, I don't see the logic in that attitude!

you go man.thumbsup_anim.gifclapping.gif

I'd like to start a thread about some Nurses and Doctors that should choose another profession... but my blood pressure would rise...

if you ever start one, i have a few choice words of my own. Moms been ill lately, poor ole birdsad.gif

No but if you were a business owner and had 3 guys parked in a van behind your place of business at 9pm when you've left for the day, you'd probably want them spoke to right?

Absolutely.

But 3 guys in a van at 9pm behind a closed business is a lot different then me sitting in my car mid day in a parking lot eating lunch, wouldn't you say?

You forgot doctor as most cops will not give a doctor a ticket either... :whistling:

There was a time in the province of Ontario when doctors' licence plates had the letters MD at the end , seemed to give them the power to speed and park anywhere or so my dad explained to me as a kid :mellow:

I have no bias either.. both my Mother and my sister were RN's.

Like any profession.. there is the good, the bad and the ugly. Jennifer has a few of the greatest nurses I've ever met. Happy and chipper 12 hours at a time, joking and carrying on when they bring in their chemo bags/syringes and with what they see on a daily basis I bet they go home and cry for the next 12 hours. Then there are the few that really fit the bill as the ugly.... no bed side manner.. "lie there and shut up.. I could give a crap if your dying" types... Find another job, tomorrow, PLEASE!

Or Leah and Jen's family Doctor that skipped oncol protocol and didn't bother to call Jennifer's Mount Sinai Oncology Doctor when she was admitted just before Christmas for fever.... because his wife had cancer (died) and he knows EVERYTHING. His ass and ego is a tad sore this week... after the oncol's phone call to him Wednesday morning that started with "who the ... do you think you are screwing with my protocol".. "I don't give a rats ass if you think you know what you're doing as a GP.. your wife had Breast Cancer, not Sarcoma".. and then he closed his office door, unfortunately.. :angry:

There was a time in the province of Ontario when doctors' licence plates had the letters MD at the end , seemed to give them the power to speed and park anywhere or so my dad explained to me as a kid :mellow:

There still is in Ontario. Any plate with a D or MDx prefix is a medical doctors plate.

There still is in Ontario. Any plate with a D or MDx prefix is a medical doctors plate.

..and the majority of them put their vehicles in an Ontario number company or their wive's name so they are not bound by their oath to stop at an accident scene... or the target of thieves hoping their medical bag is in the vehicle.

Guest gbfisher

i believe you wrong ...DUI isnt a traffic act ...its a federal offense

There's a Snowmobile commercial out right now with Cam Woolley. :)

He clears that one up and tells us we should all know are rights. :huh:

The lawn mower is a good one. Buddies honey do list should have been put off till the morning. :lol:

Criminal code offences occur anywhere. Doesn't matter if its on your property. Anything that isn't propelled by human or animal power applies - which inclues riding lawn mowers and golf carts. My old sergeant told me a story how he arrest eddie shack for impaired driving across clarence street in woodbridge at his golf course lol

And yes, doctors and nurses get tickets... I should know lol....not sure I would tag them but it depends on the circumstances...same with anyone though

Here as a Thought...........Why didn't the kid ( 17 year old ) ask his '' PARENTS '' if it was legal for a Cop to yada yada

Instead of asking a Fishing Forum

.. because they would have said... "were you hanging out with so and so again?"

Edited by irishfield

Here as a Thought...........Why didn't the kid ( 17 year old ) ask his '' PARENTS '' if it was legal for a Cop to yada yada

Instead of asking a Fishing Forum :dunno::dunno::dunno:

im glad he didnt ask his parents ...cuz i have a ton of firewood to pile and i feel like crap ....this has been much more fun ....the kid is probably giggling through this whole thread...lmao

It's ok to let a doctor off for speeding (breaking the law). And you also feel that the cop was justified in pulling a gun on a 17 year old kid for eating a slice of pizza in his car ( not even bloody close to breaking the law) just because he was suspicious of something.

Sounds like great judgement is being executed.

It's ok to let a doctor off for speeding (breaking the law). And you also feel that the cop was justified in pulling a gun on a 17 year old kid for eating a slice of pizza in his car ( not even bloody close to breaking the law) just because he was suspicious of something.

Sounds like great judgement is being executed.

we really dont know the whole story ....

Criminal code offences occur anywhere. Doesn't matter if its on your property. Anything that isn't propelled by human or animal power applies - which inclues riding lawn mowers and golf carts. My old sergeant told me a story how he arrest eddie shack for impaired driving across clarence street in woodbridge at his golf course lol

And yes, doctors and nurses get tickets... I should know lol....not sure I would tag them but it depends on the circumstances...same with anyone though

Right I forgot YOU said someone can talk themselves into a ticket :angel: