Police question?

bassmaster4

I really didn't want to post a story but I was selling one of my boats one time and he wanted to go for a test drive, so I said sure, just gotta go grab an extra lifejacket, he said don't worry about it. I said oh yah we need it, lots of cops out on "Lost Lake" lately. He said nah we won't have any problems as he pulled out his opp badge. I said ok, suits me fine, I'll grab one for yah any way and toss it in the locker.

Not a big deal I guess but this is the arrogance that I have come to accept as the norm with police officers.

We actully became aquaintances and I talk to him once in a while. Sure hope he doesn't see this. I may get in trouble... haha jk..."Peeks over my shoulder"

The free pass attitude doesn't bother me as much assome real concerns I have over Law Enfourcement, but it is a bit annoiying. I think this thread has turned a bit into a cop bashing sesion here, versus the original intent of What should I do...

2 teens in a plaza at noon near a school? Yes, because its been my experience that kids jump in their cars and leave school to smoke weed on their breaks

aren't there bigger fish to fry on our "Mean" streets than a couple kids smokin a johnny??

honestly...

Do we pass judgment at getting held up at a RIDE program over the holidays? They are after all profiling every car that drives down a particular street. :dunno:

I can't imagine ANYONE on this forum would be bent out of shape to have to roll down their window and say "evening officer, no, nothing to drink tonight", unless you were one of the FRACTION of people they are looking to catch! :wallbash:

If not being common sense about not drinking after driving, how about the threat of being arrested down the street? Maybe that 'physical presence' of the peace officer is just enough little extra deterent to potentially save a life.

You really can't be suprised at someone who 'lives & breathes' law enforcement from being subject to relatively normal human behaviours of forming opinions from past experiences. If talking to a couple if kids in a parking lot is veiwed as being just "crazy out of this world", then how the heck are these people supposed to interact with the general public, all the while 'searching for evil'?

I was pulled over years ago for doing a little extra speed. :blush: (It was a new to me 280ZX Turbo) Anyhow, The cop had me waiting for at least 20 minutes while he was typing away in his car...Turned out there was a warrant for someone with my same name within 200km of me who was a pretty bad dude! Was I upset that it took longer to verify that they weren't going to let someone dangerous drive away just because it inconvenienced me? Don't think so. They were doing there jobs.

Come on Lady Simcoe...lets get those laker grounds frozen over!! :thumbsup_anim:

I bet this thread would have a different tone if the two kids had of been gang bangers and both had guns, and while the cop had his side arm pointed at the one the second pulled out a .45 and dusted him in his tracks and left him for dead on the street.

As I have maintained it just sounds like poor judgement from the begining, and certainly worth reporting as such. Reporting it may even save this cops life one day.

I am thrilled that the military is allowed to speed through construction zones. I work in them. If i get run over my son and wife will not give half of a crap if the guy is in the military or not.

Sorry but your son military or not deserved a ticket.

I GUESS you missed the important part about it being a SUNDAY and there was no construction workers working or even leaning against a shovel....I guess that may have played a IMPORTANT part in the officers decision as to give a ticket or not.

If your worried about speeding then you, your wife, solopadder and irishfield should NEVER drive the 401 in Ontario because I set my cruise control on 62 mph and I'm the SLOWEST one on that road among other highways in and around the Toronto area...

aren't there bigger fish to fry on our "Mean" streets than a couple kids smokin a johnny??

honestly...

i was thinking the same thing but i suppose there is a price to pay for diligence to the safety of the rest of the kids that go to school with these kids ...the good kids dont get run over in the parking lot if the high kids dont make it back to school "high" cuz they are incarcerated

in the same respect i dont disagree with Zikii either...and BB seniors get a discount for respect of a life long commitment to taxes...coupon clippers well they work for the coupon ..cut it deliver it to save a penny...so based on your thinking ...a retired servant of the public that has a coupon should have a free ride??? i disagree..

Edited by Twocoda

Was I upset that it took longer to verify that they weren't going to let someone dangerous drive away just because it inconvenienced me? Don't think so. They were doing there jobs.

Would you feel differently if your kid was driving your car and he got pulled over for doing nothing because a cop randomly came across this bad dudes name registered to your plate, and the cop pulled out a shotgun and pointed it at your kids head through the window of the car?

Lets compare apples to apples here. You got pulled over when you were breaking the law, and got held up for a few minutes while you waitied peacefully in your car for your ticket.

Do we pass judgment at getting held up at a RIDE program over the holidays? They are after all profiling every car that drives down a particular street. :dunno:

I can't imagine ANYONE on this forum would be bent out of shape to have to roll down their window and say "evening officer, no, nothing to drink tonight", unless you were one of the FRACTION of people they are looking to catch! :wallbash:

If not being common sense about not drinking after driving, how about the threat of being arrested down the street? Maybe that 'physical presence' of the peace officer is just enough little extra deterent to potentially save a life.

You really can't be suprised at someone who 'lives & breathes' law enforcement from being subject to relatively normal human behaviours of forming opinions from past experiences. If talking to a couple if kids in a parking lot is veiwed as being just "crazy out of this world", then how the heck are these people supposed to interact with the general public, all the while 'searching for evil'?

I was pulled over years ago for doing a little extra speed. :blush: (It was a new to me 280ZX Turbo) Anyhow, The cop had me waiting for at least 20 minutes while he was typing away in his car...Turned out there was a warrant for someone with my same name within 200km of me who was a pretty bad dude! Was I upset that it took longer to verify that they weren't going to let someone dangerous drive away just because it inconvenienced me? Don't think so. They were doing there jobs.

Come on Lady Simcoe...lets get those laker grounds frozen over!! :thumbsup_anim:

Agreed 100%, and thank god there are people willing to do that job. My grandfather and 2 uncles were city police and my son inlaw is a RCMP officer. Not of them have gotten rich by selecting that career and some have suffered their fair share of work related stresses and problems. I know some of the things they deal with on a daily basis and I for one wouldn't want to do it. Most peace officers deserve more respect then they get.

Edited by Old Man

honestly...

Is it legal here in Canada, to be smokin a johnny anywhere at all ?? let alone behind the wheel of a car?

same as sitting in you car drinking a rum and coke....no ?dunno.gif

A guy in Gravenhurst got charged with drunk driving while drinking a beer on his riding lawnmower cutting his lawn. I wonder what ever happend to that guy. I know it went to court I remember it being in the papers up there.

If he was a cop,fireman,In forces or a pilot he wouldn't have gotten a ticket :unsure:

A guy in Gravenhurst got charged with drunk driving while drinking a beer on his riding lawnmower cutting his lawn. I wonder what ever happend to that guy. I know it went to court I remember it being in the papers up there.

ANYTHING with a motor...including your boat or motor rigged skateboard or moped including the new E bikes with electric motors...

If he is on his own property, then he can be a sloshed as he wants and drive any vehicle. Provided he is on private property. That is my understanding, correct me if I am wrong.