Police question?

bassmaster4

and this ...ladies and gentlemen... is why we have the court system...it does seem a bit extreme to pull a gun to confront a couple of kids..but maybe they did something to warrant his action (not saying this is the case)...but we dont know ...sometimes horseplay can be taken out of context..who knows his reasons for pulling a gun ...we weren't there...but the young lad that started this post said he wasnt going to exercise his rights or time investment in stopping this rouge cop (if indeed he is one)

Winternet is in full bloom ...can ya smell it???

Edited by Twocoda

and this ...ladies and gentlemen... is why we have the court system...it does seem a bit extreme to pull a gun to confront a couple of kids..but maybe they did something to warrant his action (not saying this is the case)...but we dont know ...sometimes horseplay can be taken out of context..who knows his reasons for pulling a gun ...we weren't there...but the young lad that started this post said he wasnt going to exercise his rights or time ivestment in stopping this rouge cop (if indeed he is one)

I Agree 100%:good:

and this ...ladies and gentlemen... is why we have the court system...it does seem a bit extreme to pull a gun to confront a couple of kids..but maybe they did something to warrant his action (not saying this is the case)...but we dont know ...sometimes horseplay can be taken out of context..who knows his reasons for pulling a gun ...we weren't there...but the young lad that started this post said he wasnt going to exercise his rights or time investment in stopping this rouge cop (if indeed he is one)

All I smell is poopy diapers...the joy of being the stay home dad lol

Wayne don't get me started on that one..LOL

I didn't mind getting stopped for a ride check (that much)

but then to ask me where I am going... and I say any where I want

he says I asked you were are you going

and I say anywhere I want , , it's a free country .......

and it went down hill from there

That is Awesome!

Hey OFC, i had quite the scare today an undercover police officer ran up on me today as i was parked at a little caesars with my buddy having lunch. He suspected us of having drugs and he walked over and before anything was even said there was a glock 9 in my face. We were searched and we were clean and he left after appologizing. Was what he did legal? I am 17 years old.

here is the original post, for those who have forgotten about it.

The question is, was it legal. The correct answer can only be addressed by a lawyer or judge.

Any lawyers or judges out there who want to put this to rest ?????

I admire Cops and what they do. Humans are the most unpredictable animals on earth, and should be dealt with accordingly, as unpredictable.

To Serve and Protect.....If this situation really happened(big if) then he was serving and protecting IMHO

Or just take a car.

About five+ years ago my daughter owned a VW Jetta and there was always a cruiser parked in front of our house

Tavio Way (FandA you probably know it) one night she lent the car to her fiancee and got promptly stopped (11 pm)

I called and asked what the problem was as my neighbours were starting to ask ?s regarding this activity. I was told there were stolen cars in the area etc.

I'm sitting reading the paper when I spot a cruiser outside after my call. I went outside and invited the nice man in and questioned him about it . . . The stolen story was not true but what was, is that the previous owner's daughter was mixed up with unclassy people and they were checking to see if she had returned in the area! And advised us to change our locks.

I called my daughter down and he showed me a picture of who they were looking for and it wasn't her obviously she is not of Asian descent.

As the conversation lasted about 10 minutes and was very friendly I asked him if he would take her outside and put her in the cruiser just to get the neighbours going? He turned me down but we had a good laugh and was on his way.

So you be offended if I came up and asked how you were doing...wow such a travesty of justice lol

yes, i would. you can thank the "bad apples" and "power trippers" that hide behind badges for many people disliking police and having this attitude towards them today. it's actually quite sad that the majority dislike or fear the police, but i don't blame anyone for feeling this way.

it only takes one power tripping cop to make someones life much more difficult...

That is Awesome!

You know what I think was Awesome? That a police officer was out there helping to prevent some drunk from T-boning and killing any of our family members or friends.

Edited by Old Man

Okay I'll give you guys a basic idea/scenario

For those who live near/in Woodbridge will be familiar with the plaza at hwy 7 and woodstream...plenty of people hanging out there...

I'd drive in and park

I see three guys sitting in their honda civic, engine on, windows down and its -5 out...strange right? Maybe not, but windows down means their smoking right? So I walk over and talk to them

Me: hey guys how are ya tonight?

Kids: good

Me: what are you up to tonight?

Kids; just grabbed a coffee and having a cigarette

I don't see or smell anything but coffee and cigarette smoke

Me: have a good night guys, stay warm

9 times out of 10 this is the extent of the conversation. Not lengthy, not a violation of their rights.

By all means they don't have to answer anything, but most of the time I gets answers like that.

You also didn't have your gun pointed at the driver either did you? :whistling:

yes, i would. you can thank the "bad apples" and "power trippers" that hide behind badges for many people disliking police and having this attitude towards them today. it's actually quite sad that the majority dislike or fear the police, but i don't blame anyone for feeling this way.

it only takes one power tripping cop to make someones life much more difficult...

The same applies from a cops perspective...so really ...who is wrong??? everybody??? because of a few bad apples on both sides of the fence...Cops are just doing their jobs...

Why? :dunno::dunno:

All depends on the situation and contex I guess...

2 guys in a work truck outside mcdonlds at noon? No I wouldn't bother

2 guys in a work truck in front of a closed plaza at 1am then yeah I'd see what they're up to because my experience and info I get a lot of commercial break ins are done w/ pick ups and vans

2 teens in a plaza at noon near a school? Yes, because its been my experience that kids jump in their cars and leave school to smoke weed on their breaks

Each scenario is different and requires a different approach

WHAT ABOUT THE BAD APPLES AND POWER TRIPPERS IN THE GENERAL POPULATION????

who deals with them ??????...............................thats right.....THE COPS

All depends on the situation and contex I guess...

2 guys in a work truck outside mcdonlds at noon? No I wouldn't bother

2 guys in a work truck in front of a closed plaza at 1am then yeah I'd see what they're up to because my experience and info I get a lot of commercial break ins are done w/ pick ups and vans

2 teens in a plaza at noon near a school? Yes, because its been my experience that kids jump in their cars and leave school to smoke weed on their breaks

Each scenario is different and requires a different approach

Curious -- what % of people you question in parking lots (during daytime hours) are doign something wrong?

Its suspicious. Don't you get it? If you're sitting in a car you are probably up to something.

Same as if you see someone drinking a lemonade in a park. Likely a troublemaker.

Give me a break!!!

When I lived back in the "civilized" world I would eat my lunch in my car all the time. Guess I was engaged in the suspicious consumption of a Whopper meal.

This is the middle of the day folks. Now if those same kids were parked out back of some strip mall at night...................THAT's SUSPICIOUS.

What's the difference between sitting in your car listening to tunes while eating lunch and sitting on a park bench eating lunch listening to tunes?

Starting to sound like Ontario is becoming a communist state, comrade. :rolleyes:

I am sitting in my truck reading OFC in my iPhone. I just drove over here to shovel my parents driveway for them. Thought I would check OFC before I drive home. I must look really suspicious.

Edited by Grimace

Give me a break!!!

When I lived back in the "civilized" world I would eat my lunch in my car all the time. Guess I was engaged in the suspicious consumption of a Whopper meal.

This is the middle of the day folks. Now if those same kids were parked out back of some strip mall at night...................THAT's SUSPICIOUS.

What's the difference between sitting in your car listening to tunes while eating lunch and sitting on a park bench eating lunch listening to tunes?

Starting to sound like Ontario is becoming a communist state, comrade. :rolleyes:

Communist state? Give me a break, you have no clue what living in a communist state is like....pass the bongos daddy-o

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

what scares me is people who blindly support things regardless... i'm so sick of being told i have to support police no matter what!

i support officers who do their job, not arseholes! and cops can be arseholes too, just like any profession!

if the police ever accidentally pulled a gun on me, i'd make the biggest stink i possibly could so that the officer in question NEVER makes that error again.

Give me a break!!!

It was sarcasm, my friend. Sarcasm.