Police question?

bassmaster4

just like corruption anywhere else? the media glorifies all the wrong doings and never speaks of the good..... ignorance is bliss isn't it

The reason that the media puts things in the light like this for the same reason this topic has more replies and views than any other started on this "fishing" forum. Police in Ontario have shown over and over why they aren't trusted by a good portion of the population due to a missuse of power and poor judgement.

I too was in the military for 7 years, and have considered a career in law enfourcement. I have several friends in the OPP, and they are the reason why I wouldn't care to be associated profesionally with any of them. Good guys to hang out with for a beer but not a group I care to live my life with.

Its not because of the dangers they face, I would gladly face those dangers if I felt like I was able to serve my duties with the ideals of doing the right thing. Its not like they are forced into servitude, they choose to be police officer's. Just like they choose how to act and react to situations like this and the thousands of other situations that defy reason, only a very small percentage of what get brought out into the limelight.

The fact of the matter is this cop was way out of line. Pulling a gun was not warranted based on what information we have heard here. To infere otherwise is disrepectful of what this young lad has said, and I commmend him for the way he brought up this topic.

I could rittle off many reasons as to why I personally have no respect for police officers, but this would be an entire tangent of this thread. Its not that I think all are bad folks, just every one I have had the pleasure of encountering, many times in a time of need. I am not just angry because I got pulled over for speeding, but my reasons are pretty justified, and have resulted in a suspension of two officers.

In the end, this kid should talk to his parents, and go down to the station and file a report. I would hope that he police officer would be reprimanded. In the end the most thats likely to happen is it would be mentioned in an informal way over a pint after work by this cops superior and they woul dbe laughing about it the whole time. I say this knowing several officer and hearing the stories about how things are run (goes back to my point why I choose not to be an officer)

Police, military and politicians are paid to be servants of the public. For the most part they go about there days without any repructions of wrong doing. By there superiors in some instances yes, but not to the public for whom they serve. When you get scrwed at canadian tire or bass pro or whatever retail do you not complain to the store and to clerks? Of course you do. Sometimes even yo umay write a letter to head office. That is your forum for complaint. The media is the publics forum for complaint with regards to the public sector. Think of Brian Burke and Ron wilson, John Fergusun the media is how these folks also get held accountantable.

And just as was said and commended "If you don't like it stand in front of them"

I say

"If you don't like the media scrutinizing your mistakes, feel free to step down"

I respect your opinion but in the last year, minus the stupidity of the G20, media outlets like the Star have falsified, misinterpreted and flat out skewed the truth to sell papers. In fact, the latest thing was that Toronto Officers only respond to one cal a shift which is a crock of you know what....

Anyway, I respect where you're coming from and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Keep in mind my view is different than yours and is different from the next person. In my experience I try to be as polite as possible but some people, whether they are drs, teachers, cops...are just plain assh@+#s and no matter how polite you are to them its a constant battle.

I don't know what happened to this kind but I know things are blown completely out of proportion etc...

Anyway...koodos for your service in the military, I commend everyone for their service

thank you everyone for voicing your opinions to those saying my story is bogus think what you want, i am not going to file a report because there was no harm done to me and the cop was just trying to do his job like others have stated.

bassmaster4

I think the key phrase here is 'we dont know all the facts' It would be easy to start a topic in here by ranting about something that happened to me, that angered me, even if i deserved it, without telling the story 100% truthfully. We all do it, to some extent in our lives.Hide a bit of the truth, to get a bit of sympathy.

I dont think BM4 is telling us the complete story.He hasnt had much to say at all since posting this thread.Not calling him a liar either, so don't get crazy on me. Just sayin, he didnt give ALL of the facts we need to make a judgement on anything.

paul

thank you everyone for voicing your opinions to those saying my story is bogus think what you want, i am not going to file a report because there was no harm done to me and the cop was just trying to do his job like others have stated.

bassmaster4

Filing a report here is not necessarily a bad thing. It doesn't mean you are looking for their heads on a platter. If the cops did nothing wrong that will be the finding. If they did, then it is documented on their file. If enough complaints are filed then there will be sanctions for them. I'm sure even the decent cops would appreciate hot heads (if they were) being removed. It also helps you so that if you resemble some bad apples, you have voiced your concern that you have been improperly targeted and it is on the record in case it ever happens again.

If they felt it important enough to approach you that way, they should have called for back up while you were there. I think 10 against 2 would have been much better odds. It would have been safer for everybody. You, Them and the public around you.

I appreciate them looking out for us but there is a right way and wrong way to do this. Don't read my comments the wrong way. I'm for more cops, tougher sentences etc. But I'm not ready to give up a simple pleasure like eating lunch in a parking lot at a restaurant.

Yes, that was legal.

Just as I wouldn't walk alone at night - for obvious reasons - neither would I sit in my car with a buddy in a parking lot eating my lunch, again for obvious reasons. Some things in life, due to history and experience have clear indicators of wrong doing, especially to some police officers, those of course who do investigative work and who work undercover.

My son is a police officer, has been for 8 years. And is moving up the ranks. He has earned it because he is brave and continues to be one of those officers that just wants to rid this world of evil. I know he is fighting a losing battle but it's his battle and this world needs him. I hear a lot. I cannot express the depth of the feelings of pride that I have for him. My youngest son also wants to be a police officer. Two sons putting their own life on the line to protect yours and mine. Honest to God, believe that our world is full and I mean FULL of hateful people and people who would wear killing a police officer as an honor. How twisted is that!

On that day, two young men invaded a home. One sodomized and raped a 7 year old girl. The other brutally beat and stabbed the little girl's mother. The two men were seen leaving the home in a vehicle described as the one you were sitting in.

I like to think that our men and women who give their life to serve and protect ours, would not approach these two men with smiles and their hand outstretched for a friendly shake.

We all have differences of opinion and we all think we could and would do better. But take a good look at our world and it shouldn't take too long to figure out that we live in a heap of garbage. We need more police officers, we need more conservation officers, we need tougher laws and we need men and women to take a stand and combat crime and criminals as though we were at war. Which by the way, we are at war.

I think you learned something.....and that is to not hang out in your car. Eat your pizza or whatever in the establishment where you purchased it or go home to eat it. Our streets are not safe. I hate it too that I could not allow my child to go to the park alone to play, I hate it that I can't go for a walk at night if I can't sleep, I hate it that if I am alone in my car at night and it breaks down that I would have to leave my vehicle and hide in the bush until decent humans came to help me. But I do it because I have no other choice and because I *get it*.

Wow. So 2 guys sitting in their cars eating lunch in a parking lot look guilty of something? Are you insane?

bassmaster4

so why the post in the first place then....................................dunno.gif

Really? You wouldn't sit in your car eating lunch for obvious reasons?

What reasons? Seriously are things so bad that you can't eat lunch in your car without raising suspicions? All due respect but that thinking is more than a little extreme.

Beat me to it, Mike.

Edited by ADB

No but 2 guys sitting in a car warrants a little more investigation

Well what if it was three guys sitting in a car, but one was eating a hotdog? Or maybe 4 guys and two were on their cell phones?

Come on, thats just crazy!!!

Well what if it was three guys sitting in a car, but one was eating a hotdog? Or maybe 4 guys and two were on their cell phones?

Come on, thats just crazy!!!

Like I said, if that's what they were doing then I'd be on my way...no harm no foul

Edited by FishnNAutographs

Guaranteed you wouldn't...especially if the conversation is brief...its not like you're being detained....

And just that one time where I talk to a group of guys in a car outside of a convenience store who are planning on robbing it...that conversation, even if I don't clue in is enough to deter the crime from happening

Edited by FishnNAutographs

Some of this stuff is unbelievable.

The right to vote is given to everyone pretty well eh? I guess this thread answers a few questions....

Carry on, I'm just speechless here. This too shall pass.