Police question?

bassmaster4

Its called profiling, anf its effective.

I agree 100% but there are MANY in the US and all over the world that think profiling is wrong and discriminatory...

Officer......keep up the good work and be fair with everyone you encounter.

Bob

if the police ever accidentally pulled a gun on me, i'd make the biggest stink i possibly could so that the officer in question NEVER makes that error again.

:wallbash: (for myself for keeping this alive)

police dont accidentally pull their guns ( i should hope)...it was unholestered for a reason ...we just dont know what that reason is ...

I agree 100% but there are MANY in the US and all over the world that think profiling is wrong and discriminatory...

Officer......keep up the good work and be fair with everyone you encounter.

Bob

BOB, you are a man of few words, but when you speak, great things come out of your pie holethumbsup_anim.gif

I for one, always give the local cops a discount in my store, even though they have never asked for one.They desreve it in my opinon.

Ahh, like feeding the animals in the park this should not be done. You are just feeding the police officers ego, encouraging his belief that because he is enforcing what the law states is right/wrong he is morally superior. By offering the officer a discount you are encouraging this god like complex.

Police officer wages are governed by the laws of supply and demand, with externalities included for the danger inherent in their work. There is no reason to impose your own externalities upon the police by treating them any differently than any other human being.

How do you figure the doughnut stereotype started?

Ahh, like feeding the animals in the park this should not be done. You are just feeding the police officers ego, encouraging his belief that because he is enforcing what the law states is right/wrong he is morally superior. By offering the officer a discount you are encouraging this god like complex.

Police officer wages are governed by the laws of supply and demand, with externalities included for the danger inherent in their work. There is no reason to impose your own externalities upon the police by treating them any differently than any other human being.

You must be kidding right... :dunno:

There are many discounts out there.....I get one in many place in my home town because I'm a fire fighter...

Others get them because they are seniors or just have a coupon...

It called getting or earning a break......my son once got stopped on the NYS Thruway speeding on a Sunday in a construction zone...no workers present....the State Police Officer notice his military ID when he was removing his drivers license as asked. The officer asked "are you in the military" yes sir, the Air Force my son answered.....he handed back his drivers license and said "have a nice day"...

Bob

I am thrilled that the military is allowed to speed through construction zones. I work in them. If i get run over my son and wife will not give half of a crap if the guy is in the military or not.

Sorry but your son military or not deserved a ticket.

I respect the police. The good ones I love and the bad ones I absolutely loathe. Feelings get exaggerated like this when power is involved. There is not many things more repulsive than an abuse of power.

If fish n autographs came to my truck in a parking lot and cheerfully said hello to get a feel for me. I would resent it a tiny bit but be cheerful back and crack a joke knowing he was not being a jerk. However if treated like a criminal for nothing I would respond by telling the police officer to go stuff it.

The coffee shop stereotype started way back in the day when that was the only thing open after 11pm for coffee...

I really think our police cars should be advertising on them to help defer the cost of the cars.

Something like a big sign on the back of the police car reading "Follow me to Tim Hortons"... :devil::rofl2::devil:

someone needs an attitude adjustmentsarcasm.gif

Guest gbfisher

No, what I meant was if I saw 2 guys sitting in a car I'd go talk to them...if they weren't doing anything I'd be on my way

I'd tell ya to go f yourself!!....Smiling of course!... :D Specially if I was working or eating lunch as you'd be taking my time away from me for no reason.

Fishing was good

Winternet Topic change.... :rofl2:

Today .....not much ice. Anywhere from 2 to 4 inches of black and people were walking out like it was safer than safe... :blink: One whack with the spud and you'd go right through. The guy on the snowmobile sure ran away fast when we showed him how little the ice was underneath him... :lol:

Edited by gbfisher

I am thrilled that the military is allowed to speed through construction zones. I work in them. If i get run over my son and wife will not give half of a crap if the guy is in the military or not.

Sorry but your son military or not deserved a ticket.

Exactly Grimace, I was riding with a cousin that's a cop and he was nailed for speeding. After taking the ticket he said to the officer... "thanks, I'll do the same for you some day and showed him his ID". Officer said why didn't you show me that before I wrote you up and my cousin asked him if "we" were above the law!

I do have a funny though... I took my Superbird to a meeting at the Brampton Airpark a few years back. Leaving later than I wanted too... I was moving pretty good up airport road heading home and got nailed by a cop with radar sitting on a cross road. When he finally caught up to me and I pulled over he said.. "Jesus lad.. let me see your pilots licence" and I pulled it out and handed it to him. He couldn't keep his composure and handed it back to me, went back to his car and pulled a U turn and left !! :blush::rofl2:

Edited by irishfield

Exactly Grimace, I was riding with a cousin that's a cop and he was nailed for speeding. After taking the ticket he said to the officer... "thanks, I'll do the same for you some day and showed him his ID". Office said why didn't you show me that before I wrote you up and my cousin asked him if "we" were above the law!

I do have a funny though... I took my Superbird to a meeting at the Brampton Airpark a few years back. Leaving later than I wanted too... I was moving pretty good up airport road heading home and got nailed by a cop with radar sitting on a cross road. When he finally caught up to me and I pulled over he said.. "Jesus lad.. let me see your pilots licence" and I pulled it out and handed it to him. He couldn't keep his composure and handed it back to me, went back to his car and pulled a U turn and left !! :blush::rofl2:

That's awesome Wayne. :clapping:

WHAT ABOUT THE BAD APPLES AND POWER TRIPPERS IN THE GENERAL POPULATION????

who deals with them ??????...............................thats right.....THE COPS

well, a trained officer should be able to assess each situation and act accordingly. but, the problem is there are many cops out there that don't think before confronting someone and switch to "arrogant, egotistical, power tripping mode" automatically before even having the chance to assess the situation.

let's use fishnautographs approaching guys sitting in a car as an example. he probably walks up to them and talks to them like normal human beings, but i'm sure he turns into a real hardass when he knows something is up which is totally fine. unfortunately, many cops aren't like that and they'll switch to power tripping mode before even figuring out what the guys in the car are up to and treat the innocent folks like they're garbage.

if someone deserves to get dealt with by a heavy hand and attitude then i'm all for it. but, it's not cool when innocent people have to put up with this for no reason at all.

It called getting or earning a break......my son once got stopped on the NYS Thruway speeding on a Sunday in a construction zone...no workers present....the State Police Officer notice his military ID when he was removing his drivers license as asked. The officer asked "are you in the military" yes sir, the Air Force my son answered.....he handed back his drivers license and said "have a nice day"...

Bob

just because someone becomes a cop or joins the military they shouldn't be punished for breaking the law? it's that way of thinking that has made so many of them arrogant pricks with huge ego's. :wallbash:

lack of punishment is probably the #1 reason for some cops doing as they please...

Cant say I disagree with ZiKi