Police question?

bassmaster4

remember there are 3 sides of the story...yours...his....and the truth

I wasn't there and I don't know what happened, but most likely, at least the times i've been involved, the plain/old clothes detectives have their badges around their necks and you or your car match the suspect vehicle in a violent occurance.

I know many good and bad guys and having a gun in your face for a little weed is more than excessive, even for the heavy handed guys

keep in mind that there are many people running around pretending to be cops so you might have met up with the wrong guys....who knows, but if you have issue with what happened then go with your parents to the HQ and speak with the officer in charge

this guy had his badge attached to his belt under all of his baggy clothes

At least you know what parking lot you can buy crack or coke in now... Obvious the right place.. wrong time for you..

I beg to differ Wayne. That parking lot is not a good place to buy crack. There are undercover cops who pull guns for no reason. The parking lot 2 blocks south is probably a better location.

I had a police officer pull his gun on me and tell me to drop my inflatable dingy that I was inflating. I was 12 years old... They were searching for someone in the forest near my house but being only 12 I thought that was a little more then excessive. He was in full uniform though.

Your situation seems a little sketchy. There's no reason to pull a gun because of drugs and especially if he wasn't even sure in the first place.

File a report.

Chances are it was simple mistaken identity.

But for the record,

If He thought you were a dealer and pulled the firearm to make his approach....chances are its because the dude he was looking for is a pretty bad dude.

Probobly considered to be armed and dangerous, as are MOST Drug dealer.

Not to be insensitive but if it were me in his shoes, I'd do it the same way, as I like to come home to my wife and kids each night with the same amount of holes I was born with :whistling:

What you went through was obviously scary, and a crappy way to end your lunch

And I'm not saying your in the wrong, nor am I saying the officer was in right....

I'm just saying that the odds are the situation was warranted.

Its a tough job but someones gotta do it or the bad guys do what they want.

And lets face it....if this officer was undercover the chances are he's not writeing traffic tickets. ;)

I think the odds are most undercover officers are on the level.

But if you have any doubts, file a report and you'll find out.

Cheers,

Im siding with Terry on this one...

There are times you must be at places for what ever reason and mistaken identity or just a ..:Wonder who this is"..is all it takes for a take down..

Easy enough to say dont be in these places but what if youve got to pick up a worker youve never driven before or drop a worker off...or a different locale for a difficult to locate building material.

....Been there, done that and have had the guns pulled and my head against the curb under some cops foot..(RC's) actually.(thought I was a firearms dealer).

I have several freinds who are cops as well firemen..and soldiers in our proud services and Ive been told never ever report a cop or you be dogged for ever...

These are good men I know and fish with in our annual derby, I trust them and wouldnt hesitate to call any of them, even on a cop and that is the advice they give.

If this indeed was a overly excited quick on the draw cop...Id stay right away from reporting him, more importantly never going near that location again.

Some folks just never see the bad for thinking of the good.

Thats just the way I feel...I'll not say sorry but I am sorry that so many bad cops find their way through the weeding out process.

Again..I beleive that most cops are good and will blindly trust with one eye open.

This story makes no sense at all.

A cop would never do this. I don't think anyone looking for drugs would either.

Exactly. This sounds totally bogus. Report it to the right people, then maybe have a discussion about it on the forum afterwards, not the other way around.

Edited by Highdrifter

Hey OFC, i had quite the scare today an undercover police officer ran up on me today as i was parked at a little caesars with my buddy having lunch. He suspected us of having drugs and he walked over and before anything was even said there was a glock 9 in my face. We were searched and we were clean and he left after appologizing. Was what he did legal? I am 17 years old.

The story seems fishy to me on two counts.....

1) Wouldn't the undercover police officer called in the plate number of the vehicle in question before approaching the suspects.

2) And the statement of the suspected perp saying there was a "Glock 9" in my face. How did the OP know it was a Glock and how did the OP know it was a 9mm caliber. There are over 20 different Glocks models and about 10 different calibers not to mention several other pistols that look like a Glock. Personally if anyone had any gun in my face I wouldn't be trying to determine it make, model and caliber and I'm a somewhat gun nut.

Was the OP ever in trouble with the law before or was the car (plate #) ever in some kind of trouble with the law before.

And finally was it a real police officer and if so and everything else is on the up and up why hasn't the OP made a trip down to that local police station and follow up on this incident. I know I would like many others here.

Will we ever get to the bottom of this......if we do then we need this group to consider opening up the JFK files... :)

Bob (Roy I want a Easter Bunny Emoticon) Think SPRING !

I'm agreeing with Cookslav to a degree. That is if this is a legit tale, we are all fishermen...remember that 57" pike caught on the ultralite spinning outfit rigged for perch the guy caught in the storm overflow pond story? :whistling: No not a true story but I think you get the drift. :jerry:

If this incident played out as said then there is propably a reason for it to have happened that way and I feel for the employee that had to clean the chair seats after they left. :oops:

The story seems fishy to me on two counts.....

1) Wouldn't the undercover police officer called in the plate number of the vehicle in question before approaching the suspects.

2) And the statement of the suspected perp saying there was a "Glock 9" in my face. How did the OP know it was a Glock and how did the OP know it was a 9mm caliber. There are over 20 different Glocks models and about 10 different calibers not to mention several other pistols that look like a Glock. Personally if anyone had any gun in my face I wouldn't be trying to determine it make, model and caliber and I'm a somewhat gun nut.

Was the OP ever in trouble with the law before or was the car (plate #) ever in some kind of trouble with the law before.

And finally was it a real police officer and if so and everything else is on the up and up why hasn't the OP made a trip down to that local police station and follow up on this incident. I know I would like many others here.

Will we ever get to the bottom of this......if we do then we need this group to consider opening up the JFK files... smile.gif

Bob (Roy I want a Easter Bunny Emoticon) Think SPRING !

clapping.gif ma man!!! NOW we are askin all the right questions. You sure you're not a Cop Bobmellow.gif

Hey OFC, i had quite the scare today an undercover police officer ran up on me today as i was parked at a little caesars with my buddy having lunch. He suspected us of having drugs and he walked over and before anything was even said there was a glock 9 in my face. We were searched and we were clean and he left after appologizing. Was what he did legal? I am 17 years old.

Yes, that was legal.

Just as I wouldn't walk alone at night - for obvious reasons - neither would I sit in my car with a buddy in a parking lot eating my lunch, again for obvious reasons. Some things in life, due to history and experience have clear indicators of wrong doing, especially to some police officers, those of course who do investigative work and who work undercover.

My son is a police officer, has been for 8 years. And is moving up the ranks. He has earned it because he is brave and continues to be one of those officers that just wants to rid this world of evil. I know he is fighting a losing battle but it's his battle and this world needs him. I hear a lot. I cannot express the depth of the feelings of pride that I have for him. My youngest son also wants to be a police officer. Two sons putting their own life on the line to protect yours and mine. Honest to God, believe that our world is full and I mean FULL of hateful people and people who would wear killing a police officer as an honor. How twisted is that!

On that day, two young men invaded a home. One sodomized and raped a 7 year old girl. The other brutally beat and stabbed the little girl's mother. The two men were seen leaving the home in a vehicle described as the one you were sitting in.

I like to think that our men and women who give their life to serve and protect ours, would not approach these two men with smiles and their hand outstretched for a friendly shake.

We all have differences of opinion and we all think we could and would do better. But take a good look at our world and it shouldn't take too long to figure out that we live in a heap of garbage. We need more police officers, we need more conservation officers, we need tougher laws and we need men and women to take a stand and combat crime and criminals as though we were at war. Which by the way, we are at war.

I think you learned something.....and that is to not hang out in your car. Eat your pizza or whatever in the establishment where you purchased it or go home to eat it. Our streets are not safe. I hate it too that I could not allow my child to go to the park alone to play, I hate it that I can't go for a walk at night if I can't sleep, I hate it that if I am alone in my car at night and it breaks down that I would have to leave my vehicle and hide in the bush until decent humans came to help me. But I do it because I have no other choice and because I *get it*.

Great topic......

Not sure I even know what side I am on, I could argue both ways as I sure most level minded people could.

The one thing I know for sure is if this is a true story and it happened to me I would be so pissed that I would have been down at the police station to file a report 2 seconds after it happened. If his actions were justified for some reason none of us know, so be it, but if they were not his superiors need to know.

They have a tougher job than most people think, while most of us learn not to go down that dark alley that was pointed out earlier, cops are forced to.

Just as I wouldn't walk alone at night - for obvious reasons - neither would I sit in my car with a buddy in a parking lot eating my lunch, again for obvious reasons.

Really? You wouldn't sit in your car eating lunch for obvious reasons?

What reasons? Seriously are things so bad that you can't eat lunch in your car without raising suspicions? All due respect but that thinking is more than a little extreme.

On that day, two young men invaded a home. One sodomized and raped a 7 year old girl. The other brutally beat and stabbed the little girl's mother. The two men were seen leaving the home in a vehicle described as the one you were sitting in.

I like to think that our men and women who give their life to serve and protect ours, would not approach these two men with smiles and their hand outstretched for a friendly shake.

Horrible, horrible story but are you seriously using this monstrous act as an analogy as to how a cop should approach a kid eating pizza in his car?

In any case you're rightfully proud of your son, he sounds like one of the good ones.