Receiving is nice.....

lew

About a month ago my wife noticed that a diamond was missing from her wedding ring and that gave me an idea.

I've been married to the worlds most wonderful lady for going on 45 years, a person who never asks for anything, and I decided that after all these years she deserved, and would probably love, a nice new set of wedding rings.

I headed into the jewellers in town and picked out a gorgeous set of gold and diamond wedding rings and had them sized to fit.

I wrapped the jewellery box in nice paper, then put that in a bigger box and wrapped that one and then placed it in an even bigger box with fancy wrapping and placed it under the tree with a tag saying to "open me last"

I lit a nice fire in the living room fireplace last night, turned on some Christmas carols and we then opened all our presents and when we were all done, I told her to open the BIG box. She pulled off the paper and opened the box to find the next one which she opened to find still one more. By now she was starting to look a bit puzzled and went on to open the 3rd one.

When she finally opened the small box and saw all that sparkle, a look came over her face that I've never seen before and when she started to cry I knew I'd bought her something really special.

And that's what Christmas is all about....making somebody you love VERY happy.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW Lew, so happy for you and Diane. Sounds wonderful!

I got diamond earings and Pearl earings for J..she hasn't opened them yet. That wont be till later tonight. She'll probably be happy too.

Merry Christmas to you and Diane. Well of course to Sherri and Marvin as well.

Thanks guys, I hope you and your families are all enjoying the day as much as we are. The aroma of turkey is drifting throughout the house and our guests will be arriving shortly.

Life is good !!

Merry Christmas to all :santa:

We have something called the 12 tears of Christmas. My wife loves beautiful stories and especially stories of giving in the true spirit of the season. I sat her down to read your post and your story gave her tear #10. Thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas Lew!!!

Thanks again folks, and Jigger, I'm sorry I brought a tear to your wifes eye, but I'm happy it was in a good way :thumbsup_anim:

Diane is one lucky lady :thumbsup_anim:

Joey

And Joey, Diane keeps telling me that I'M the lucky one....maybe she's right :lol::lol:

:thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

About a month ago my wife noticed that a diamond was missing from her wedding ring and that gave me an idea.

I've been married to the worlds most wonderful lady for going on 45 years, a person who never asks for anything, and I decided that after all these years she deserved, and would probably love, a nice new set of wedding rings.

I headed into the jewellers in town and picked out a gorgeous set of gold and diamond wedding rings and had them sized to fit.

I wrapped the jewellery box in nice paper, then put that in a bigger box and wrapped that one and then placed it in an even bigger box with fancy wrapping and placed it under the tree with a tag saying to "open me last"

I lit a nice fire in the living room fireplace last night, turned on some Christmas carols and we then opened all our presents and when we were all done, I told her to open the BIG box. She pulled off the paper and opened the box to find the next one which she opened to find still one more. By now she was starting to look a bit puzzled and went on to open the 3rd one.

When she finally opened the small box and saw all that sparkle, a look came over her face that I've never seen before and when she started to cry I knew I'd bought her something really special.

And that's what Christmas is all about....making somebody you love VERY happy.

Good for you Lew!! Our special ladies deserve something nice once in a while. I snuck out my wife's engagement ring and wedding bands out of her jewellery box and had them soldered together earlier this year (she doesn't wear them to work). It blew her away and earned me some serious brownie points but more importantly, the look on her face and how excited and happy she was was worth it.

We had 17 guests for Christmas on top of the 4 of us and it was a great fun day, the kids had a blast. Now, we've got leftover turkey for the next week (we had a 30lb bird).