Cronzy Retiring?

fisherman7

I had Going Fishing this morning on in the background while I was reading the paper and did I hear correctly that Darryl is retiring? He said something about this would be the last time you see him on TV.

Forced retirment......I think maybe his opinions, right or wrong, are not going over well with sponsors or networks.

Maybe he knows something about your TV that you don't.

I almost wet myself with that one!

I doubt his opinions are forcing retirement; he may be retiring so he can say what's really on his mind!

He's a very polarizing figure and love him or hate him, he's done a lot for our pasttime and I wish him good health and happiness in his retirement. I suspect this won't be the last we hear from him.

I almost wet myself with that one!

I doubt his opinions are forcing retirement; he may be retiring so he can say what's really on his mind!

He's a very polarizing figure and love him or hate him, he's done a lot for our pasttime and I wish him good health and happiness in his retirement. I suspect this won't be the last we hear from him.

:thumbsup_anim: true dat

I'm with Slowpoke. The man did a lot for our sport, I hope he enjoys his retirement. He wasn't scared to speak his mind. I did watch the show this morning and was shocked to hear him say this will be the last you see me on TV.

well that sucks.

its not very often you have a host that isn't scared to ruffle a few feathers by being outspoken and honest. unfortunately, canada is full of spineless cowards who care more about making friends and money than speaking up, telling the truth, and making changes.

Y'now, I've never met the man. I'm sure that he's worked hard to get to be where he's at. It burns me to know that his son is on our board and reads (sometimes accidentally) negative comments about his Dad. Just sayin'....

Yes he was ok, spoke his mind and am sure got into hot water a few times,was informative,had some good fireside chats,keeping in mind he had health issues last year or the year before,can t remember,that may have something to do with his retirement.Just my opinion,I think a few times he was half bombed out there,a little extra entertainment.

Wish him good health and happy retirement .

I remember when he had his magazine-----put me on some local bass fishin at the time in the Saugeen River---caught lots and was fun canoe'n

It was good for a city kid to get specific info---went 2x---hardly hurt that fishery---hear it still good---maybe better.

Good Luck Darryl----Get to fish for fun now. :thumbsup_anim:

I'm with Slowpoke. The man did a lot for our sport, I hope he enjoys his retirement. He wasn't scared to speak his mind. I did watch the show this morning and was shocked to hear him say this will be the last you see me on TV.

right on Fish Farmer

im pretty sick & tires of all the couch potatoes bashing him and all the shore lunch cracks

i'll say it again, he's the "don Cherry" of ontario fishing,and love'em or hate'em he has contributed a lot to this sport that we love

Healthy and happy retirement to the Chronz. A good egg. I do not always agree with him but most times I do. The Don Cherry of fishing.

My favourite quote was when he said "If you do not take your kids fishing I hope when your 80 years old they run your wheelchair off the dock and into the lake." I laughed for about a half an hour over that one.

My favourite quote was when he said "If you do not take your kids fishing I hope when your 80 years old they run your wheelchair off the dock and into the lake." I laughed for about a half an hour over that one.

*puts that one away for future use* :clapping:

He took a lot of flack but the "where to" articles and his Steelheading in Ontario book were great learning tools for a young man just starting out on his quest for exploring the fishing available in this province. Now I would freak if someone gave a hole by hole rundown on a river but it was great when you were a rookie.