Cronzy Retiring?

fisherman7

Best of Luck in his retirement - now he can fish without pressure to produce a fishing show - There is a difference fishing for fun and having to catch fish.

BTW - His son is writing articles - saw one in Great Lakes Angler an issue or so ago.

Sure will miss Chronzy's fishing show. His campfire rants tell it like it is in most cases. On those really cold non-fishing Sat. and Sundays; I could always turn on the tv set and go fishing with him. "Is this paradice or what" Wish Chronzy all the best on his retirement and hope he still stays in the fishing limelight. We need guys like him.

I caught a bit of his show Saturday morn and he was talking about fish conservation and pro fishermen and he said something to the effect "All you fishermen who dress up like Nascar drivers........ That gave me a good laugh :)

Guest Johnny Bass

I found the show ok. Most of the time he was using live bait, and you didn't learn too much about fishing technique. But you would learn about everything else when it comes to fishing. Especially cooking fish.lol Cronzy is a very opinionated guy and can ruffle a few feathers but he usually knows what he is talking about. Reminds me of a OFC board member. :whistling:

If I have anything bad to say about Cronzy is sometime times he talks down to his guests on the show, and the way he treated his son some times annoyed me. But regardless, I'm sure his son loves having Cronzy as a dad.

I'm sure we haven't heard the last of Cronzy. You cant keep a guy like that down!

Y'now, I've never met the man. I'm sure that he's worked hard to get to be where he's at. It burns me to know that his son is on our board and reads (sometimes accidentally) negative comments about his Dad. Just sayin'....

I met him years ago, at a seminar in Kitchener, Roy. Always outspoken, controversial, and yes did work hard to get to where he is at. Somebody needs to keep our MNR on their toes, and, he has done so for many years. Also was one of the pioneers of the CFIP (community fisheries involvement program) and led the charge to try to ban gill nets in the province.

As for Josh, it is great seeing him follow in his dad's footsteps (although, a totally different style, lol).

I mentioned on another forum, never underestimate what Darryl has done for our fishery here in Ontario.

Well, that's the end of an era of the little guy taking on the government on tv. Cronzy was outspoken and he unllike most other people who complain from their couch had the testees to actually take on the government with dumb policy decisions. He'd go fishing and keep a few for the pan, what is wrong with that???? He didn't break any rules. Have all of you had a nice 'Sweet 16' from a northern lake fried on an open fire on a beach?? It's a great experience and he pandered not to our friends south of the border BUT TO US!! So, hop in your car next summer, go up north, stay at a lodge for a few days for your holiday and catch some tasty 'eyes (that's what I want to do)!!!

Good luck and good health to you Big Guy, I will miss your show.

I always liked Chronzy's show, and his shore lunches, always made me appreciate fishing for what it is, what is can be, and for enjoying the bounty of your catch. A real Canadian show, old school in nature which was always an invigorating show for my self.

Hopefully the new breed of fishing show hosts will incorporate more "Chonzyisms" into their shows.