Lost a fishing partner and a canadian veteran today

vance

Well my dad died today we were long time fishing partners ,I don't now how many times he talked my mom into a new boat to take the kid out fishing.Funny how much you learn from your dad when still fishing or trolling.He joined the army before WW2 and served for 30 years in Korea and a few places that he was not allowed to talk about. 90 years old is a long time but still not long enough - good bye dad.

vance

Deeply sorry for your loss Vance. A road many of us here have been down and not an easy one. Keep your head up, think of those great days on the water and be proud, as I'm sure you always have been, that your father was one of many Brave men that fought for our rights in this great land of ours.

I think when my dad gave a speech at my great grandmother's funeral he said it best.

"The other day I looked up forever in the dictionary, it said 91 years, and though we all feel like it was not long enough life did not owe her anything"

My great grandmother lived life to the fullest, and it seems your father did too. May he rest in peace.

I know theres a big lake up theres somewhere that he is forever fishing!

Vance,

My deepest condolences to you and your family. Your father will remain forever alive in your heart. Everytime you go somewhere, a fond memory will be recalled, and you can take solace that you and your father enjoyed times together. Take care

John

Vance.. My Condolences on the loss of your Great Father that made his sacrifices in the time that was needed so we could have what we here call Canada... He sounds like he was a Great Man as well as a Great Father... Remember all the fond and great times you both had together and pass them on to your children the same as he passed them on to you... There is a song out that has a saying "If I could only be half the man he was" or something along those words... then he would be just as proud of you for being his son.. Speak Proudly when you say his name.. He deserves it

Very sorry to hear about your dad's passing. I'm glad though to learn of your fond memories with him. You will think of him often, and when you are fishing cast a imaginary line in the water for him. I have done this many times for my brother in the past year. It does help.