How many of you actually eat your catches?

shimano25

The lake I live on contains trout & smallmouth bass,also some very large walleye.The trout & smallmouth allways go back into the lake regardless of size,the walleye go back because we catch them so rarely that I would like to see that fishery improve.

I am very lucky to to know of a small lake that is less than 1/2 hr from home & has never let me down yet.I keep enuf(walleye) to cook up that day,I like them fresh.I never put any in the freezer.I prefer the smaller ones(under 18 in).We eat walleye about once a week.I see no point in taking home a limit everytime if it is more than needed.

I only keep one or two here and there for dinner, and its always a small one whether it be pike, bass or walleye. Occasionally will take a limit of walleye and bring one home for my dad but on average rarely keep anything. It kills me to see someone keep a 7 pound walleye or 5 pound bass, especially on fragile fisheries.. :wallbash:

The wife along with my kids keep enough for having a fish fry for the "Boys" on certain occasions. Probably will have a fish fry in early November up North. I think Pigeontroller enjoys the deep fried mushrooms I do up more than the fish.

Hey, I got something new for this year, it's called a blooming onion. It is soooooo gooooooood!

THANKS FOR THINKING OF YOUR OTHER KIDS...... BY THE WAY WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO START PAYING CHILD SUPORT oops.gif... TAYLOR WILL BE STARTING UNIVERSITY SOON .. SO THERE GOES YOUR FISHING TRIPS sarcasm.gif

We should all keep the limit to let MNR learn it in the hard way that the change of the reg is a MUST.

I try but I keep getting my limit every time, maybe the regs are what they are for a reason and the MNR knows what they are doing :dunno:

24669_10150175900140105_746020104_11651867_83123_n.jpg

I try but I keep getting my limit every time, maybe the regs are what they are for a reason and the MNR knows what they are doing :dunno:

24669_10150175900140105_746020104_11651867_83123_n.jpg

They're all the same, Dan. Ever caught any with horizontal or diagonal stripes? For a change I mean.....

I'll keep a full limit of perch probably 4 or 5 times per ice fishing season, as I stay on a perch diet through the winter months lol

I'll keep about 10 whities and 4 lakers per ice season.

Open water, I release all pike, bass, musky. I will take about a half dozen walleye per season but only out of cold water. I also try and enjoy 1 feed of brook trout per season, though I never got out for it this year.

This goes along with:.......

"Hey Chessy, how's your wife and my kids?"

You don't have to understand it HTHM, just laugh with it. :w00t:

lol thought i would have gotten a bigger response.....told the wife about post ... she said "ron"s wife is going to kill you .... i said dont matter he dont pay squat for his other kids anyway lol

ok here is another one ron pulls on the wife

knock knock

whos there

dozer

dozer who....

ron can fill in the rest rotfLMAO

5 - 6 fish a year, mostly on camping / cottage trips wth friends, they never understand how i spend thousands of dollars on equipment and never keep any fish, they don't understand I guess....

Keep pike and walleye, and 1 rainbow for smoking.

THANKS FOR THINKING OF YOUR OTHER KIDS...... BY THE WAY WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO START PAYING CHILD SUPORT oops.gif... TAYLOR WILL BE STARTING UNIVERSITY SOON .. SO THERE GOES YOUR FISHING TRIPS sarcasm.gif

Wow! Always a time and a place for that sort of stuff....and I think this is neither!

haha well the way my buddy fillets fish you might as well just take one fillet and release them lol.. thats why when Im in the mood to I'll end up doing it

I thought you might have been saying .5 because all the pike I seen you catch last winter weighed about an ounce and a half! haha. Only time I've seen pike that small caught and you were hammering them lmao. :P