cooks Bay perch

Terry

well I had to get out fishing

I had a late night Friday so I didn't get out till 830..but that's OK

simcoe perch can't tell time....

I went to Keswick south end and just followed the plowed road out past the fish huts..lots a cars parked on the ice and more driving around.......

well set up shop..drilled a few holes

set up the fishfinder drop a lure then drop the camera

I started the camera just before I let it down the hole and started recording

not a fish in sight......I did an old trick that still works as I found out today

I took all the hooks of a Williams whitefish and started jigging it like crazy

well..30 seconds later in come them tasty little buggers...

they would come in waves, then disappear again

for the most part I used a little spoon but they wanted it sitting still to bite it most times and jigging to draw them near, I caught about 40 of them..let them all go

it was nice and warm, I had to remove my survivor suit

here are some pictures

DSCF2635.jpg

DSCF2632.jpg

DSCF2630.jpg

DSCF2629.jpg

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="

src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

now when is that open water coming...

Edited by Terry

Great Report Terry.

The two times I fished Cooks Bay this winter I also found that the perch were attracted by the movement of the bait but often didn't bite until it was stationary or slightly moving.

Wish I had one of those underwater cameras rather than fishing blind. I might have hit more of the bites! Great to see what it's like down there though.

Thanks.

Hey guys, look at the shiny thing bobbing around over here....... Hey, where'd Kenny go. Nooooooooo

Ha ha ha, that was cool Terry. Every time I see those underwater camera videos, I am amazed at how light it is down there.

Thanks for the report. It does look pretty slushy tho.

Joey

terry, that is one of the best reports I think I have ever seen! As you know (or might remember) I bought one of those Aquaview cameras last year, still haven't had a chance to really try it out but after watching that video I am going to get it all rigged up to go very first chance I get.

Thanks again for the report!

Big Cliff

Cliff, yup I remember you got one.......

they are a lot of fun

pan fish fishing is the best time to use it, but I will be checking out some walleye spots in the spring too......

I am glad people like the videos, I was fishing for 2 hours and had the same amount of vids. about 40 fish being caught..I only showed a few of them

I was going to show how well the big spoon brought the perch in and what not, but when I put the first ones together as a movie I saved it to the memory card rather then the computer and it crashed the memory card and I lost all the rest of the video clips...oh well

live and learn..always transfer the files from the memory card to the computer before you start playing with them.....