Filmed an episode of Canadian Sportfishing!

Stoty

And guys, maybe there's a side of the story not ever told like how (maybe) Italo & Hank might have been pressured by sponsors, producers etc. to get a show "in the can" so means not well thought out under pressure were resorted to. Doesn't excuse the act, but one mistake provided it's not repeated shouldn't brand a man for life.

Nope, nadda, zilch, nil, zero. Self imposed pressure to create 13 epidsodes, catch some fish, smile, promote and entertain. Any help to do the above, will absolutely sometimes be taken advantage of ie. use of guides, which sometimes can be a win win.

Edited by Harrison

Have fun with the shooting, it can be alot of fun and a good marketing move for a guide business.

Could of blurred out the background though <_<:whistling: Scratch the bog off for this weekend, gonna be a busy spot in that canal. Too bad cause we "were" crushing them.

Ya it's not like it's going to be on national TV or something :blahblah1:

Wicked good on ya Stoty...Congrats on the face time...to the bashers do it somewhere else, quit wrecking peoples posts...start your own and do it there

Don't sweat it Stoty, congratulations :clapping:

No bashing going on, some had comments/opinions on Stoty`s guest that`s all and when you break the law on numerous ocassions to serve yourself some will not forget.

Sucks but sometimes people have opinions and they might not align with yours.

No bashing going on, some had comments/opinions on Stoty`s guest that`s all and when you break the law on numerous ocassions to serve yourself some will not forget.

Sucks but sometimes people have opinions and they might not align with yours.

I agree with your opinion, I'm just saying, I had a great day on the water bashed on here because of somebody's opinion, ruined a good memory...why bother...start a thread on the Italo Hank thing if you want to hear comments

Wasn't trying to start crap, I'm sure Stoty is stoked about his experience so why taint it??

When my son was young, he idolized Italo. Probably because he was the only pro to actually take the lad seriously. He spent close to an hour talking fishing with the boy, despite the crowd at the fishing show.

As for any wrongdoing. That was some 15 years back. The fines were paid, and so were the dues. He's human and as faulty as the rest of us mortals

Stoty, glad you had a couple of great days shooting episodes with the man.

Good for you, seriously.

But...did he address you like you were a 6 year old kid? :lol:

He's always had a condescending air about him but I think it's gotten worse over the years.

I'll second that. I just have such a hard time watching because of it. Hopefully he reads this thread.

I fished with Italo once before in the Niagara pool, very nice, helpful, and friendly guy, not to mention his awesome fishing knowledge. I really don't get why people here put him down, but my guess is it makes them feel better about themselves.

I fished with Italo once before in the Niagara pool, very nice, helpful, and friendly guy, not to mention his awesome fishing knowledge. I really don't get why people here put him down, but my guess is it makes them feel better about themselves.

Because we are miserable bastidges with nothing better to do and besides it makes us feel better about our own miserable lives.

The above was for the rest of you guys I am perfectly happy and normal.LOL

Good on ya Stoty,

Amazing opportunity. These don't come along often so take advantage of them. No one has even picked up that you as one of the OFC community (one of our own) is doing a national TV show because of what they know not who they know.

Keep at it and keep your contacts up to date. I've met a few of these TV guys over the years, business and non business related. Some are great and some are a little rough

Italo and Henry did some in store seminar days back in the 80's at lebarons when I worked there. They seemed alright guys and were very friendly to me. They did what they were paid to do and that's push product. I don't have the same good experience with several of the top ontario bass pros of that time. When these guys came in the store for seminars of event days it was awful.

Here a shot from 2 years ago guiding on temagami. Neat couple of days and memories I'll not soon forget

DSCF0135.jpg

I have some of the best drop in on me regularly. Here's Marc Thorpe, Pete Maina, John Gillespie, their cameraman and moi. That day, they were just over for a pop and some fishing advice. :whistling:

DSC00758.jpg

DSC00758.JPG