Filmed an episode of Canadian Sportfishing!

Stoty

Hey Stoty, guess you met my friend Ryan today. i heard you weren't interested in the NYS smallmouth extravaganza tomorrow???? whats up with that.

to all the haters out there. the fishing show business caters mostly to those new to the sport. it is not a matter of talking down to everyone. it is a matter of explaining something so that someone with no base knowledge can follow along and learn!!!!

Nice work.

From what I see, Italo appears to be a decent guy. I don't think he means to talk down to people and I think people on this board might just be a bit sensitive. Italo and Henry made a mistake and it seems some here can't forgive. That is too bad. I have been fishing for 30 years and I too have fished illegally before (obviously not anymore or even recently or even on purpose at times). I guess those of you who have never ever, ever, done anything illegal while fishing before can sit on your pedestals and comment on others. Some of us who might have fished with an illegal bait, or maybe thrown out one too many lines, or tried to catch an out of season fish, or maybe just netted a fish in a creek for fun should keep our mouthes shut. Those living in glass houses should not throw stones.

If it the case that Italo continues to use unlawful or unethical fishing methods and he has not learned from his mistakes, then I too would probably be casting stones. Again, I don't know him I would just to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully he has cahnged.

Keep up the good work Stoty. I hope to see you on TV soon.

Edited by Cudz

Nice work.

From what I see, Italo appears to be a decent guy. I don't think he means to talk down to people and I think people on this board might just be a bit sensitive. Italo and Henry made a mistake and it seems some here can't forgive. That is too bad. I have been fishing for 30 years and I too have fished illegally before (obviously not anymore or even recently or even on purpose at times). I guess those of you who have never ever, ever, done anything illegal while fishing before can sit on your pedestals and comment on others. Some of us who might have fished with an illegal bait, or maybe thrown out one too many lines, or tried to catch an out of season fish, or maybe just netted a fish in a creek for fun should keep our mouthes shut. Those living in glass houses should not throw stones.

If it the case that Italo continues to use unlawful or unethical fishing methods and he has not learned from his mistakes, then I too would probably be casting stones. Again, I don't know him I would just to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully he has cahnged.

\

Sir: WELL SAID ! ! !

Looks like fun Stoty! Is that US registration I see on one of the Jon Boats? Just curious, not critizing.

And guys, maybe there's a side of the story not ever told like how (maybe) Italo & Hank might have been pressured by sponsors, producers etc. to get a show "in the can" so means not well thought out under pressure were resorted to. Doesn't excuse the act, but one mistake provided it's not repeated shouldn't brand a man for life. I too find that Italo may appear condescending but I dismiss that with the simple thought of his target audience (primarily newbies), especially when I see the clips of him working with kids (our planet's future!). At any rate, for whatever reason the misdeed was committed, it was years ago, the price was paid, why keep beating on him? If everyone one of us had to carry the burden of a mistake every minute of our lives, how would we feel? I've made my mistakes and remember them, most importantly to LEARN from them in order to avoid ever doing it again. I (amongst many I'm sure) would have given up on life a long time ago if I had to constantly relive in shame every error I ever made. I hope y'all can forgive Italo as I and many others have forgiven myself. Especially when the bashing is taking away from the obvious joy of a Fellow OFC'ers post about a day of fishing!

Michael

I remember when i was a kid maybe 12 - 14 i used to watch canadian sport fishing all the time,i couldnt get enough of that show and i remember always wanting a canadian sport fishing spring jacket. (i thought they looked cool)

somewhere i got out of fishing and stopped watching the shows and have almost forgotten completely about that one altogether.

here we are years later and not even a week ago i came across Italo on youtube jigging for walleye in thunder bay i think. and after watching it i thought it was probably the most informative fishing video that i had seen in a long time. i dont watch these shows on tv because it seems to me more about hotdogging and screaming about all the huge fish they are catching one after another and less about technic etc.

Italo explained exactly what he was doing and why he was doing it. I wish i had that info years ago when i first started fishing for walleye.

I dont know him nor have i met him,but for people starting out i think he is a great place to start.

a funny note tho, my dad used to tell me i was wasting my time with fishing shows because they probably have some guy hooking fish under the boat for them, i guess he wasnt very wrong about it if what y'all say is true haha.

anyways to the OP, i hope you had fun,i know i would have loved to be in your shoes and probably would have learned alot.

Nice work.

Or as Someone else said, "let he who is without sin, cast the first stone"

Well said sir!

I have yet to have a day where I have not made a mistkae.

You will find your learning curve will go through the roof by fishing with Hodgey.

Back in the late 90's i entered the CSF contests and Hodgey dominated in all species.

Lots of good fishing still to be had :Gonefishing:

Nice work.

Very nicely said, and thanks!

Have fun with the shooting, it can be alot of fun and a good marketing move for a guide business.

Could of blurred out the background though <_<:whistling: Scratch the bog off for this weekend, gonna be a busy spot in that canal. Too bad cause we "were" crushing them.

Edited by Harrison

Looks like fun Stoty! Is that US registration I see on one of the Jon Boats? Just curious, not critizing.

And guys, maybe there's a side of the story not ever told like how (maybe) Italo & Hank might have been pressured by sponsors, producers etc. to get a show "in the can" so means not well thought out under pressure were resorted to. Doesn't excuse the act, but one mistake provided it's not repeated shouldn't brand a man for life. I too find that Italo may appear condescending but I dismiss that with the simple thought of his target audience (primarily newbies), especially when I see the clips of him working with kids (our planet's future!). At any rate, for whatever reason the misdeed was committed, it was years ago, the price was paid, why keep beating on him? If everyone one of us had to carry the burden of a mistake every minute of our lives, how would we feel? I've made my mistakes and remember them, most importantly to LEARN from them in order to avoid ever doing it again. I (amongst many I'm sure) would have given up on life a long time ago if I had to constantly relive in shame every error I ever made. I hope y'all can forgive Italo as I and many others have forgiven myself. Especially when the bashing is taking away from the obvious joy of a Fellow OFC'ers post about a day of fishing!

Michael

That`s just it if it was perhaps one isolated incident fine but it wasn`t it happened several times with various species, they obviously did not really care for the integrity sport at the time it was about getting the show and thus the money.

As far as the rules and regulation of fishing go I am sure most people follow the rules to a T.

That`s just it if it was perhaps one isolated incident fine but it wasn`t it happened several times with various species, they obviously did not really care for the integrity sport at the time it was about getting the show and thus the money.

As far as the rules and regulation of fishing go I am sure most people follow the rules to a T.

I guess I spoke too much of the past instead of the present, my bad.

The point I wanted to get across is that this is an OFC'ers post about FISHING, not about ITALO BASHING. Stoty was (as we ALL do) posting about fishing but yes with Italo. I sure wouldn't want to have my memories of a great day fishing tarnished by all the bashing I'm reading. If it's really necessary to dwell on what happened years ago, why not do it in another thread rather than dampen Stoty's experience? I know I'd be feeling pretty low right now if this was happening to me!

Michael

to all the haters out there. the fishing show business caters mostly to those new to the sport. it is not a matter of talking down to everyone. it is a matter of explaining something so that someone with no base knowledge can follow along and learn!!!!

Sorry but that's simply not true. The "fishing show business" does not cater to newbies.

In Italos case it is unfortunately a case of him talking down to everyone.

He talks to everyone the same way including his wife who happens to be his usual co host.

And guys, maybe there's a side of the story not ever told like how (maybe) Italo & Hank might have been pressured by sponsors, producers etc. to get a show "in the can" so means not well thought out under pressure were resorted to. Doesn't excuse the act, but one mistake provided it's not repeated shouldn't brand a man for life. I too find that Italo may appear condescending but I dismiss that with the simple thought of his target audience

Michael sorry but the first statement is preposterous.

The 2nd, well as mentioned he talks to everyone the same way including his wife.

Glad to see you had a great day Stoty. Nice pics. Bashing goes no where. YES if Italo has done something less than above board HE has to be accountable for his actions, as we all do. My son was happy to see the pics. We see enough bashing in politics on tv. That's why we spend more time on this site. To relax, learn and and share information with friends.