Filmed an episode of Canadian Sportfishing!

Stoty

We recently hit the water with Italo Labignon from Canadian Sportfishing to film the 2nd of a series of shows we’ll be filming in 2010.

The focus of the show was finessing Crappie on slip floats on Lake Scugog in Southern Ontario. We had been out pre-fishing for a few days, and the action had been amazing. We had followed a number of schools of great Crappie that moved into a few key staging areas….mostly due to the warm weather we had experienced so far this spring. Well, when it came time to do the show, the weather was -2 degrees and it was snowing. So, do we film the show or wait a few days for the weather to warm up? Nah, we filmed the show.well, with a lot of fine tuning and tweaking of our pattern we managed to get in a fun filled day with 50 to 100 Crappie and a few GREAT slabs.

The show was an amazing success and will air on TSN later this year; along with our 4 to 5 other shows.

Stay tuned for more updates as the year progresses… in the meantime, enjoy the pics.

CSF-002.jpg

CSF-012.jpg

CSF-013.jpg

CSF-015.jpg

CSF-020.jpg

CSF-021.jpg

Good for you, seriously.

But...did he address you like you were a 6 year old kid? :lol:

He's always had a condescending air about him but I think it's gotten worse over the years.

LOL, I had no idea him until meeting him a few times during the BPS spring classic when I worked there PT Condescending is an understatement LOL.

Edited by Rustic-Fisher

I have nothing but nice things to say about him.

He was a super nice guy, and sure knows his stuff!

It was a blast and I cant wait to do it again, coming up soon for Bay of Quinte Walleye!

Good for you Jamie, glad you had a good time. I've seen episodes of the show where Italo does seem to talk down to guests, I honestly don't think he even realises he is doing it at the time. Met him years ago, and he truly was a gentleman then.

Although I don't know him, I don't think he means to be condescending to the guests, I think he's trying to speak in a way that a very young stupid audience would understand. Having said that, I really haven't watched him much since the old "snag the trout put the hook in mouth throw it back out there turn on camera catch fish get caught oops I didn't know that was illegal" thing.

As much as I respect everyone's opinions....this thread has (yet again) turned the wrong way.

I was just trying to share a really cool experience with everyone, and its turned in a flame Italo fest.

Please refrain from "Italo bashing" in any further replies.

He was out on the Grand today filming a show .. hopefully he had a better day then me .. I met him once quite a few years ago in Dunnville when I was fishing with my son .. seen him about 2 years later at the fishing show in TO and he remembered who we were .. some people need to forgive and FORGET .. now I need to get this skunk smell off me .. I don't like it

Although I don't know him, I don't think he means to be condescending to the guests, I think he's trying to speak in a way that a very young stupid audience would understand. Having said that, I really haven't watched him much since the old "snag the trout put the hook in mouth throw it back out there turn on camera catch fish get caught oops I didn't know that was illegal" thing.

Ditto. <_<

I will have to keep the rest my opinions to myself of Italo for the fear of permanently being banned from this site.

Good for you though Stoty, just be careful to not get too closely associated with him.

Cheers, Ron...

Once again with Stoty's posts I see HIM out there, fishing, getting pics and producing, and a bunch of arm chair commando's with nothing positive to add.... :blahblah1:

I can't speak for anyone else but I've had first hand experience dealing with Italo.

That said maybe I shouldn't have made a negative remark.

I'm very happy for you Jaimie you seem like a good kid and it's a big feather in your cap.

I sincerely hope it all works out for you.

Edited by solopaddler

He sorta reminds me of Pee Wee Herman

...you just made me snort coffee out my nose...and I'm not even drinking coffee! I'm not really sure in what way you meant this, but pretty sure pee wee did some activities of ill repute and he got a show again too! Amazing how some people get multiple kicks at the can and others can't catch a break. Might be one of those "friends in high places" scenarios?

I haven't any hard facts to back this up but I've always thought that threads head south either because of their content or because of the original poster. I guess I'll just have to keep learning.